3. Carnival Triumph
This was the 2nd Carnival cruise for the wife and I. We also brought along our 8 y/o for his first ever cruise. Overall, had such a good time, that we were planning our next cruise before we got home. First, embarkation was quick and painless. We parked, caught a shuttle, and arrived at the terminal at about 11am or so. We had FTTF, and had no one in line in front of us at check-in. Going through security was a breeze, but did take a couple a minutes of checking our cases of sodas....no big deal, but the cruise before barely even looked at our sodas. Minutes later, we were going upstairs to get our S&S Card. There is where we saw what seemed like several hundreds of people in line. With FTTF, we were ushered to a counter with NO line. Got our S&S cards in only a couple minutes, then as we finished, they were calling for Priority & FTTF....so we boarded right away! All in all, from the time the shuttle dropped us off, it was maybe 30 minutes until we walked on the ship. We picked an interior on the 7th floor, that way there were rooms above and below us. We also picked a room as close to the center of the ship as possible. Our room was nice, no complaints at all! Yes, it was kind of small, but that made it cozy. Plus, it's not like we spent a whole lot of time awake in the room. Once we dropped off our luggage, we headed straight to lunch at Guy's Burgers. The line was kind of long, but it went fast enough. I don't remember exactly which burger we each ordered, but I do know they were good! Then we toured the ship. Being that our only other cruise was on a Fantasy Class, this ship seemed huge! Much more to do and see. I really liked the aft pool area compared to the lido deck. Don't get me wrong, the lido is a fun spot, but it's just a little too crowded. The aft pool area definitely had less people. My 8 y/o loves to get in the pool, so we got in the aft pool quite a few times throughout the week. We had dinner every night in the MDR. The quality/taste of the food ranged from OK to Good. But our wait staff was very good. We're not food critics, so the taste/quality isn't going make or break a cruise for us. Just know that we never went hungry, and got good service. As far as the other places we ate, my 8 y/o loved Blue Iguana (especially for breakfast), I thought their lunch was ok, but I did not like their breakfast at all! It's fine though, because I think the majority of cruisers like it. The service at SeaDay Brunch was very slow, and the food was OK. My son also love the Pizza. My wife and I thought it was good, but only had it a couple times. The two of them ordered room service and said it was good. I had fell asleep, so I didn't even notice they ordered, or ate. The last place I want to mention regarding food is the Dr. Seuss breakfast. Well worth the $5, in our opinions. All the kids and parents really enjoyed it, and the breakfast tasted good. I just couldn't bring myself to trying the green eggs, but my son said they tasted very good. We only went to one show, and we were not impressed by it. We went to all of the shows on our previous cruise, simply because after the first one, we wanted more! This time, after the first one we felt like we wouldn't be missing much. The casino was nice, but just way too much smoke. I won about $40, then lost it, so that was it on the slots. But we tried a few of the other games out which were fun, but won nothing. There was plenty of good trivia, and bingo going on throughout the week. We participated in a few games, but won nothing. Still had fun though. We registered our son for the Camp Ocean program. At first, we wondered if it would be a good idea, because we had read about it, and watched videos of it with him, and he said he really wasn't interested. Yet we still wanted to try it out. Turns out, he really enjoyed it. They had plenty of activities to keep the kids busy and having fun. I didn't realize they could eat dinner together, which he did most nights. We would definitely do that again. We didn't book any excursions, but ended up doing an all inclusive as El Cid in Cozumel. We all enjoyed it, and would probably do it again. In Progresso, we just shopped at the pier for a little while, then got back on the ship early. As far as getting off the ship, it was too, too bad. We had to wait in the theater for about 45 minutes to leave. Then, once we found our bags, the line through customs took about another 45 minutes. Then, the line to the shuttle to take us to parking was very long, and slow. So we just walked all the way back. Not the worst day in the world, other than walking away looking back at the ship, knowing that our cruise was over.

So Much Fun, Yet So Relaxing....

Carnival Triumph Cruise Review by NewAddict