3. Costa Luminosa
My best friend and I jumped on this cruise in March 2016, we embarked on Sydney and disembarked in Dubai. The ship is beautiful, and isn't to big, It's as clean a a whistle, and easy to find everything. For the first couple of days we were lost, there was no live music on the top decks, no music. And everyone was over 70 years old.. We panicked at first thinking we were going to be bored to death. Being a world cruise, it was full of all nationalities and people with money. So, being a world cruise, I guess they don't want bands playing and music going, they are there to relax. The staff were very friendly, and most seemed fairly happy. Our room guy annoyed me a bit, knocking twice and whaltzing in, to find we hadn't had time to get to our feet and answer the door. The towels etc, were changed twice a day. We didn't use the laundry ( it was $2 per piece of clothing ) so we washed in our sink and made a clothes line on the balcony. The balcony was a really good size, better than any other cruise I've been in. You can also smoke out there. Breakfast in the dining room was nice, all types of food to choose from, and the only place you'll get bacon to go with your eggs. Lunch was in the buffet, and a huge variety. Dinner was always in the dining room as the buffet was closed for dinner, which was a pain on gala night, we didn't take fancy dresses for those nights, so we couldn't go in there. I loved that I could get a cappuccino at every bar, and was included in our drink package . The drink package was really reasonably priced at $23 au per day. Entertainment at night was ordinary, we would walk in, and walk straight back out. Opera mostly. There wasn't much to do, not a great deal of activities. Not much in the way of shopping on board. The shop didn't have paracetamol or things like that. The other thing I would say, is that the air con on the higher decks struggled as the weather was very hot and humid. We had to take ourselves to our room for a few days at sea, it's the only place that we could get cool. Would I go again?? Yes yes yes!!!! A holiday is what you make of it. Stop whinging about silly stuff, and enjoy your time on this beautiful ship.

Very different to our usual P & O cruise

Costa Luminosa Cruise Review by DionneJ

• Sail Date: March 2016
  • Destination: Around the World
  • Cabin Type: Balcony Classic

We panicked at first thinking we were going to be bored to death.

The towels etc, were changed twice a day.

The balcony was a really good size, better than any other cruise I've been in.

You can also smoke out there.

Lunch was in the buffet, and a huge variety.

The drink package was really reasonably priced at $23 au per day.

Would I go again?? Yes yes yes!!!!

A holiday is what you make of it.

Stop whinging about silly stuff, and enjoy your time on this beautiful ship.
DionneJ’s Full Rating Summary