3. Pride of America
Everybody complains about this cruise and I was determined not to be one of the many! Sadly this was not to be. The staff just don't seem to want to be there and none of them have a clue about anything around the ship. The food was the worst I have ever experienced and seeing as I paid $2000 for this cruise I was of the impression I would receive stellar service and spectacular food! Throughout the entire week I did not receive one warm breakfast let alone hot. Every single day whether I ate in the Aliga Cafe, Moderno or one of the main dining rooms my food was tepid or cold. Even in the evening the food wasn't very warm. I assume this is because there is one central kitchen and the food is transported all over the ship to the different restaurants so by the time it gets to you it's freezing. In the buffet and at Moderno my main concern was that bacteria was being allowed to grow on the food as it was not being kept at the correct temperature and so I decided I did not want to risk illness so had to stick with pastries or fruit for breakfast instead. If you ask the bar staff that are wandering around the pool for an iced water they don't bother to bring it for you because there is no potential tip. this was a real pain having to go and queue at the bar for it yourself when there are staff that should be doing this for you. The entertainment was a joke and my cabin was never cleaned properly. I had someone else's hair in my bathroom all week! For the money I paid I was very disappointed and I don't actually understand why this cruise is more than twice the price of any of the others. as a gold latitudes member I am now cancelling the two cruises I have booked with Norwegian next year and am changing my cruise line. I made an official complaint to NCL and was told that the complaint about the temperature of the food was a view/opinion and that they had never had this complaint before. I told them to read cruise critic as this is something that is constantly complained about. Their customer service is non existent so I choose not to be a customer anymore!

Worst Cruise Ever

Linzd123’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian (NCL) Pride of America price drops

Inside
Cabin IB 11513
My cabin was a fantastic size and being on Deck 11 was close to the pool and some restaurants. It was quite quiet but at times the people in the balcony cabins opposite would congregate and chat outside my door which was a bit annoying.
Deck 11 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Hilo
    This was amazing. We were allowed to walk across the actual crater of Iki Kiluaea which I was not expecting at all. We visited a macadamia nut plantation and the visitor centre briefly. Lunch was horrendous though so I would suggest taking your own. We had a tiny turkey and cress wrap which tasted vile with crisps and a cookie.
    View All 569 Hilo Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Hilo Cruise Port Review
  • Honolulu
    There are quite a few stops but the only significant stops are the Dole Plantation and lunch at Kahlua Ranch. We booked this because we wanted to see the whole island to see where we wanted to go when we spent a few days here after the cruise. The bus driver had awful verbal diahorrea and I was exhausted listening tom him all day. A very long tour but with plenty of stops it's ok. It's a time killer your more than anything.
    View All 673 Honolulu Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Honolulu Cruise Port Review
  • Kayaking
    We kayaked for about 2 miles and then were told we had to hike through the forest to the waterfall. This would've been ok if we had had our own rucksacks but they gave us a waterproof rucksack with our lunch in and whatever belongings we wanted to take. There were two of us in our party so we put out thins in not realising we had to carry it. If I had known we had to carry it I would've put our rucksacks I the waterproof bag and left the waterproof bag at the kayak and hiked with our own bags. The waterproof bag was so heavy and I had a back injury. The lunch that was provided was pathetic. A turkey and cress wrap which tasted disgusting. Pasta with olives and capers which I also didn't like. I saw that out lunch bag had two bottles of water and two cans of soda which is obviously what made our bag so damn heavy! When we were at the falls I looked around and people on other tours had a much nicer lunch than us. Our tour guide gave us no information whatsoever. We didn't even know how long the kayak or hike was going to be. He didn't offer any information fromthesecknd we got in the van to the second he dropped us off. Disappointing all round really.
  • Kona (Kailua Bay)
    We decidedly try the hop on hop off bus to the beach for $15. It didn't go very far and the' each' it took us to was a joke. It was just rocks so it was impossible to sunbathe anywhere and impossible to get into the water and swim. We immediately got back on the bus to the port and found a decent beach next to the harbour. Any decent beaches are miles away and impossible to get to aside from the harbour one because buses are too infrequent and taxis are crazy expensive.
    View All 386 Kona (Kailua Bay) Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Kona (Kailua Bay) Cruise Port Review
  • Maui
    Didn't realise how cold it would be. Yes the sunrise was spectacular and thank god we actually got to see it and the weather wasn't too bad but it was a long morning for only half an hour of watching the sunrise. You cannot wrap up warm enough for this!
    View All 618 Maui Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Maui Cruise Port Review
  • Maui
    Thoroughly enjoyed this although we were sat on the bus for 45mins waiting for the boat company to turn up which was a shame. The food provided was nice and there were 3 alcoholic drinks each allowed.
    View All 618 Maui Cruise Port Reviews