Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review

Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review by Greentoenail

• Sail Date: Apr 2015
  • Destination: the Western Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Ocean View with Verandah 1A

This was a first cruise for my family.We were a family of four.two adults and two teenagers in one balcony room(booked the room with the bigger balcony on the hump,had 2 extra chairs brought up so we had four).One single bed folded into the ceiling(was brought out at night and put back up during the day)The couch turned into a single bed as well(made up at night and put back as couch for the day)I was worried about spending 11 days in close quarters but it worked out fine.We had room and I had watched YouTube videos before we left on what to do for extra storage ideas(all great ideas).My next cruise will be two rooms only because of my husbands snoring.

We ate in the main dining room and loved the food every night,saw no need in spending money(for 4 people)for the other restaurants.

Did room service breakfast one morning (the morning coming into Istanbul)and had it on the balcony watching the sights.Ordered the breakfast on the tv the night before,everything was great.

Had to use the medical services on board twice unfortunately.So glad they are available.You do have to pay a fee right off(just to see the doctor) @$140(my insurance covered it)My husbands issue was serious and he needed Intravenous.Having that there was amazing.My daughter had an absess tooth and they gave her antibiotics.Everyone was really nice.

Room Stewart was amazing,this might make me look bad but my husband insisted we leave him to do our prebooked tour.The room Stewart came and took my husband for his daily intravenous and brought him back to the room after( my husband had to be in a wheelchair,leg infection)This infection luckily came on the last 2 days of our trip and had nothing to do with the cruise line)

We prebooked all our tours with private company's.Because we are a family of four all our private tours were cheaper than the cruise tours and more personalized.We did use the cruise tour in Santorini because of tender issues and that tour was reasonable .We booked all our tours through trip advisor,booked well in advance(6 months )Booked the top pick in each port and were never disappointed .

We booked our cruisethrough the company Crucon,at the time they were the roughly the same price but included prepaid gratuity and drink package and on board credit.We received everything they promised us.Im still on the fence about the drink package.There was 2 at sea days on this trip but every other day we were off the boat for the whole day,back in time for supper and some wine and then off to bed.water came with this package and we grabbed water bottles everyday for our day trip.Ive since done some research though and the water on the ship goes through rigorous testing and you can drink it right out of the tap or fill up a reusable container in the ocean view Cafe.

My son is shy and did not make it to the X club till about halfway through the cruise.Our waiter(at dinner same one every night with assigned dinner time)great guy,took our son over to meet some other kids.He Went to Xclub that night and loved it,went every possible time after that.They even played hide and seek on the ship,they had so much fun.

Missed all entertainment,such fun filled days in bed early to get ready for the next.

Embankment was easy went around 11 the beginning and short lines,make sure your passports are with you and not in your luggage.Once on ship we had to wait till they announced we could go to our rooms,wasn't to long we went to eat at the oceanveiw Cafe while we waited.

Oceanveiw Cafe we used for breakfast,food was always good,busy and always found a table but they were not plentiful(outdoor tables were always ful,waited on the last day to at least eat out there once.

This trip was supposed to be a once in a life time trip for my family.The memories we made and the fun we had were amazing.We just booked with celebrity again for this July,so excited.

Greentoenail's Full Rating Summary