• Cheers to 25 years: Celebrate with Us!
  • Find a Cruise

7+1long hoots
10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Mar 2016
Cabin: Outside Premium

Just returned from a cruise. This time with Costa, the Costa Pacifica. My wife and I are cruising enthusiasts. We have travelled on several cruising lines. Being both retired,we prefare to travel in the off season quiet months.

We are Costa Club members. On the past cruises with Costa, we were greeted in our cabin with champaigne and a fruit basket. This time we were greeted with the misery of a bottle of water with a silly note hung around its neck. On touring the ship we discovered that the chapel had to do without a religious minister. I am not too much of a devotee, but Costa used to boast of its Italian roots and values, which made it stand out among others. During the late hours some guests had to close the insulation corridor doors to cut off some of the noisy fracas made by the night revellers on the reception/piano lounge. I encourage economy on waste, but not on reputation standards.

The staff was as usual fantastic and really did all what they could to keep up the hospitality of Costa.

Outside Premium