3. Navigator of the Seas
I will preface this by saying: I am giving an honest review. There are a couple of negatives, BUT by no means would I say don't sail on Navigator. I was able to go on a cruise . . and I LOVE cruising! Embarktion: We flew into Ft. Lauderdale airport, arriving at the port about 11:30 (it's VERY close to the port). My husband's brother (who was joining us on this cruise) picked us up and we parked his car at Port Everglades. We dropped our bags at the ship and parked in the garage ($19 per day). A shuttle was provided back to the ship. A bit of a wait to get on the ship, but not too bad. Went directly to the Windjammer for lunch. Rooms were ready about 15 minutes early . . .bonus!! Our luggage was at the room when we went up . . .BUT . . .our neighbors didn't get theirs until about 5 p.m. Cabin 1390 (AFT balcony): Room is LONG and standard width. There is a long couch and about 5 extra feet between the couch and bed. This additional length was nice, given the couch would become a bed at night. Our cabin steward, Gus, was jolly on the spot to introduce himself to us and bring the sharps container, extention cord, distilled water, and cooler for my husband's diabetic and CPAP needs. We will come to find the GUS is the ABSOLUTE BEST!! Bathroom and storage are both as you come to expect . . . meeting our needs. Now . . . the balcony . . . . OMGosh . . IT IS HUGE!! Two loungers with a low table and two chairs with a higher table . . . .AND STILL ROOM TO MOVE AROUND! We estimated the deck to be 12 feet long by 10 feet wide. Yes, this room is below the Windjammer . . .no it is not noisy. Yes, it's a bit of a walk to get to/from the elevator, but soooo worth the view! The bed was hard, but I still slept fine. I asked Gus for a fan, extra pillows and a blanket (because the comforter was absolutely too heavy). If you have any needs . . ask . . . your cabin steward will truly try to help. OH! Gus even put our icepack in a freezer, so it would freeze to transport my husband's insulin back to Ohio. GUS ROCKS!! The ship is beautiful! It is showing its age, a bit, but it is CLEAN and beautiful!! Windjammer: Staff was friendly and empty dishes never sit. Food was always good. Try the bread pudding . . . VERY GOOD!! If there is no chocolate milk out . . . ask . . . they will get it for you. If you see Virginia (the "washy washy" greeter) . . . tell her I said hello! She LOVES her job and LOVES to make you smile! Main Dining Room: Here is my negative. I must admit . . . many people we spoke to had similar problems during this cruise. Our waiter was very nice . . . Assistant waiter was very nice . . . BUT service was VERY SLOW. We waited forever to get refills on drinks and bread. Many mistakes made (1.: drinks refilled with Coke instead of ice tea, 2.: took the cream from me to give to another table and I was still drinking my coffee, 3.: butter ran out and although we asked mutiple times for more, it never was replenished. 4.: wrong ice cream served and although we asked to have it replaced, it was never replaced). We decided the second night to stop going to the MDR and opted to go to the Windjammer for the rest of the week. Solarium: Wonderful! Royal Promenade: Nice! Bought two purses and a necklace by-the-inch. Cafe Promenade: always something to munch on! This is where the Starbucks is (I purchased the Royal Replenish Package . . . so Starbucks was always on the list, multiple times a day!!). Entertainment: We enjoyed the nightly shows in the theatre. Singers and dancers were really good! Comedian was funny! The a capella group was WONDERFUL! We watched a movie on the big screen . . .fun! Enjoyed the trivia in the Schooner Bar. Tried our luck in the Casino . . . yes, we came out $5 ahead! 70's Party on the Promenade was fun! QUEST . . . OMGosh . . what a riot! Love and Marriage show . . . funny! Ice Show . . . TERRIFIC! We never frequented the night club scene . . . I watched the ocean from our wonderful balcony! Ports: We got off the ship to do a little shopping, but did no excursions. We enjoyed the quiet of the ship while in port. We did take advantage of Labadee . . . BBQ was GREAT! Hubby and brother-in-law went into the ocean . . .loved it! I stayed on shore and did some people-watching . . .loved it! Disembarkation: We opted for "Self-Assist" (carrying our own luggage) . . . because we wanted to be sure to get to the airport without delay. We had breakfast, went back to the cabin and got our luggage, and were off the ship by 8:00 a.m. No delays. Shuttle was there to take us to our car and the trip back to airport was quick. Brother in law dropped us off at the airport (no problems). Now . . .don't ask about the flight home . . that was a nightmare! LOLOL Summary: This vacation was intended to be a relaxing vacation. We had no intentions of doing an excursions . . . just relaxing. It was just that . . . relaxing! The problem with the Main Dining Room did not ruin our time. I did talk to a higher-up in the Windjammer (he said he wished we'd said something, as he would have tried to get our table changed. From the sound of it . . .many people had trouble this cruise, so it may not have helped, even if he could have gotten our table changed. I did appreciate that he listened, cared, and would have tried to "make it right." This was a full ship, this cruise, and we really didn't think anything could be done, so we didn't say anything). My ultimate disappointment: When I first booked this cruise, I was asked if we were celebrating anything. We were . . . our anniversary. It was noted on the booking and appeared each time I checked the booking and received a confimation However . . . on the night it was to be celebrated (Night 2 in the MDR) . . . nothing. They did recognize other birthdays and anniversaries, but we were forgotten. We were also supposed to have an anniversary gift in the room, that was not there either. Our anniversary went unrecognized.....that did disappoint me. I didn't quite know how to say anything . . .

Navigator . . . from my point of view

Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by FreedomCruiser58

Solarium: Wonderful!

Royal Promenade: Nice! Bought two purses and a necklace by-the-inch.

FreedomCruiser58’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Navigator of the Seas price drops

Cabin 1390 (AFT balcony): Room is LONG and standard width. There is a long couch and about 5 extra feet between the couch and bed. This additional length was nice, given the couch would become a bed at night. Bathroom and storage are both as you come to expect . . . meeting our needs. Now . . . the balcony . . . . OMGosh . . IT IS HUGE!! Two loungers with a low table and two chairs with a higher table . . . .AND STILL ROOM TO MOVE AROUND! We estimated the deck to be 12 feet long by 10 feet wide. Yes, this room is below the Windjammer . . .no it is not noisy. Yes, it's a bit of a walk to get to/from the elevator, but soooo worth the view! It is partially covered for both sun/shade enjoyment. The bed was hard, but I still slept fine. You do feel the rock of the ship, but I enjoyed it. The VIEW . . . . worth every penny!!!
  Navigator of the Seas Deck Plans