3. Regal Princess
We took this cruise during our kids spring break and loved it. Our kids really enjoyed the kids club. They were in shock waves and made lots of friends. Just some info for parents: 1)the kids club is not a free play area. They had organized play and then times for free play so the kids just couldn't walk in and start doing what they wanted, unless it was free play time. 2)there is no late night group babysitting-regardless of what the website says. You are required to pick up your kids at 9:45 each night. 3)the kids get their own princess patter with all the kids events for the week 4)the kids club hours are a little bizarre so make sure you take note of each day's hours. 5)the teens area was so very cool-why no reviews dedicated to the teens area??? They had their own hot tub and deck space with music and lighted for night time use. Aside from the kids club, there were several family events that they offered such as family dance party, Easter celebration, etc...the sports were great for us too. We played tennis, basketball, volley ball, putt putt and hit the soccer ball around. Our room was a mini-suite and absolutely perfect for a small family of four. In the mini-suite, there is ample room for clothes. you have a desk with a few drawers and I believe three end tables with at least 2 drawers each and also a large wall cabinet by the closet that offered about 7 or 8 shelves. there were plenty of hangers and I brought several kids hangers, which was a good idea. The balcony was absolutely fine. Don't know what all the hype is about. Our room steward was Jeffrey and he really contributed to a nice stay. He met with us when we first arrived to our room and made sure kids had correct size floating devices for muster drill. He also made me aware that the pre ordered bottled water and alcohol I purchased would be sent to my room once I called room service to get them delivered. He was very good with the children and we were relieved to have someone else cleaning and picking up after them. We ate at Horizon buffett for breakfast and most lunches and sometimes, late night snack. Food was very good and varied. I do agree that you should take a walk through first. We enjoyed hot shrimp prepared many different ways, carved meats, roast chicken, a cheese bar with cold cheeses with nuts and fruits, soups and more. My kids loved the dessert area. During our stay we also enjoyed the pizza, hot dogs/hamburgers and soft serve icecream by the main pool. Our dinner seating was at 5:45 in the Allegro dining room. Personally, it was a great time. The kids were able to eat a leisure meal and still had about 2 hours at kids club. Yes, dinner takes 2 hours but we enjoyed the experience. At home, we are rushed with activities and rarely have time to devote to family meals so it was a pleasure. Had a beautiful view of the ocean (aft). Kids loved our waiters Suwit and Carlos. Yes parents, there is a kids menu with the kids favorites on there-yay. I was satisfied with the adult offerings and certainly never left hungry. On day three, the spa ran a special for $139 for full body massage with scalp massage and facial. It was so wonderful. Therapist was from Ireland and very good. I did buy a product that she recommended because it was awesome and made my face feel like butter. I did not feel pressured in any way. Next time, I will choose to linger a bit. The spa offers several nooks to take in the ocean views (where you are much closer to the water line) and a hot tea bar, etc.... and comfy robes. Other things I enjoyed were: a wine flight (sample of several wines) at Vines and tea time. Tea time (the free one) was not listed on the patter so I called to get the information and brought my daughter. We enjoyed Star Wars "under the stars". The vista lounge, which is beautiful, also offered movies and my children watched the Lego movie and Inside Out a bunch of times in our stateroom. Loved the aft pool. The big pool was loud and crowded but it was great too. Just not chill like the aft pool. I would like to say that although people talk about the chair hogs (and there is a lot of them) many times, we were offered a lounge chair or two from people leaving. That was nice and much appreciated. Of note, the aft pool has a smoking area but it was not bothersome, as it is open and being on the aft, one of the windiest locations. TIP: if you just want a lounge chair and don't care if you are by the pool, go up to the putt putt area. There are several loungers surrounding it and many times, we were the only people there. Loved St. Maarten (again). Went to Great bay around 8 am and had beach to ourselves for at least an hour. I counted about 30 vendors who stopped to sell us goods. That's a lot but to be fair, we were there for 7 hours! But don't let that scare you away- They are hard working in the hot sun all day long and they are kind to a simple "no thank you". But I will say that we bought 3 swim cover ups, two beach towels that turned into a beach totes and a beautiful island doll for my daughter-all without leaving our chair, LOL. If you need a break from them, get in the ocean for a while. My children played on the water trampoline for hours. Only cost $5 each. St. Thomas snorkel trip. Crew was great but very rough seas on the way out. Did see some turtles-but nothing else. Loved Water island and will just take a water taxi straight there next time or go to St. John. Princess Cay-rough that day so no snorkeling but we did have fun with the waves. BBQ lunch was good-but I will pass on the grilled chicken next time. We rented a family bungalow and would do it again in a heart beat. The air conditioner kept it so cool. We had a place to stash our stuff, 2 foam floats, a water spout to wash off the sand and reserved lounge chairs just for us. Drink service came by 3 times, beer bucket stayed icy and eating lunch without sweating was nice. All in all, we had a great time individually and as a family on the Regal.

Great Cruise with Our 8 and 10 Year Old

Regal Princess Cruise Review by Vacation00

• Sail Date: March 2016
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Mini-Suite with Balcony

All in all, we had a great time individually and as a family on the Regal.
Vacation00’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 7 to 9
Ages 10 to 12
Get Regal Princess price drops

Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin ME R519
Room was excellent. We were on Riviera floor. Remember whether you are on starboard or port side so you go the right way when getting off the elevators.
Riviera Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins