3. Celebrity Equinox
We are a couple in our mid-50s. This was our 21st cruise overall with 5 different cruise lines, 5th with Celebrity, 1st on an S-class ship. We try to cruise twice a year on longer cruises in order to relax and get to know the crew as well as other roll call passengers. We arrived the day before and stayed at the Embassy Suites. This was a comfortable room in a great location. We met up with many of our roll call members during the happy hour and had a great time. We parked at Park N Go and arrived at check-in around 10:30. Check in was a breeze, although for some reason Celebrity's website had my wife and I as separate check-ins/xPress passes and not together. Very strange but it worked out fine. We waited for maybe 1/2 hour and then boarded a little after 11. What a beautiful ship. From the gorgeous lawn on the top deck to the beautiful theater, this ship is just stunning. We toured around this ship, checking out the spa (we booked Aqua), the dining areas, theater, pools, Persian Garden, and multiple lounges. Our room was ready around 1:30 Our cabin was 1606 on the slant on deck 11. I picked this cabin because of the huge balcony. Being an Aqua class cabin, it also had the great shower. I wish I could say it was a great choice. The cabin itself was fine and the shower and balcony were awesome. However, noise from the pool deck above was a constant nuisance, especially on the night they had a deck party until midnight. If you choose this cabin, be prepared to not be in your cabin any time there is loud music on the pool deck. Additional noise came from pool chair scraping and people unbelievably running on deck at 3 in the morning. Service throughout the cruise was outstanding. Our cabin steward, Hector, did a great job keeping our cabin spic and span. Wait service throughout the ship, from Blu to the Ocean Cafe, was outstanding as typical of Celebrity. Food was for the most part, excellent. Blu was very good. The Ocean Cafe had a lot of variety, some of which was really good and some of which was little blase. Burgers and hot dogs from the Mast grille were great. We also at at 3 specialty restaurants. We took advantage of the 1st night discount to eat in Murano. This was just excellent. My wife had tableside prepared lobster (keep this in mind for a later comment), as did I despite ordering sea bass. The head waiter quickly remedied the misunderstanding, so I ended up having both lobster and sea bass, plus a "we're sorry" drink of Grand Marnier to boot. We also ate at Bistro on 5. I really don't understand why more people don't go here. The upcharge ($10) is nothing compared to the other specialty restaurants. The food was excellent. We also ate at Tuscan grille near the end of the cruise. It was great as well, but to be honest we would have appreciated it more early in the cruise when we weren't so "full". Of note was the tableside prepared Caesar salad (keep this in mind for the same later note). One of the reasons we booked Aqua was the breakfast in Blu, specifically the tableside prepared muesli. However, we found out on the first morning that Celebrity has stopped this practice, allegedly due to a US Public health regulation preventing uncovered food from being served in a carpeted environment. I'm guessing the bacteria in the carpeted Murano and Tuscan Grille aren't as active as in Blu, so serving uncovered tableside prepared dishes there is ok. Entertainment was also very good with one exception. The comedian was really funny, especially on the night he participated in the Liar's club game. John the cruise director was pretty funny in his own right. There was a also a magician who was pretty funny. We missed one of the three production shows. Of the two we saw, "Elysium" was easily the best. I can't even remember the name of the other one, it was so bad. The highlight of the entertainment was easily Jayne Curry, who was both funny and a great singer. I also have to add that the Celebrity theater, while beautiful and a great venue, has the most uncomfortable seats of any cruise ship I've been on. I much prefer the M-class "couch" concept. We visited 4 ports- St Thomas, St Kitts, Barbados, and St Maarten (overnight). The overnight in St Maarten allowed us to take a sunset sail on the brig Mercedes (Tall ship experience). Other than that, all of the shops in St Maarten close at 6 PM. Disembarkation was easy as it took about 45 minutes from off the ship until in our car at Park N Go. Overall it was a great and relaxing cruise. We had an awesome roll call group that made the cruise very special. Other than the few little irritants, I would definitely book this ship again (and have booked it for a cruise next year). It was those irritants (cabin noise, no tableside muesli) that kept this from being a 5 star cruise.

What a Great Time and Great Ship!

Celebrity Equinox Cruise Review by WEGL81