Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review

Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by tycup

• Sail Date: Jul 2015
  • Destination: the Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony

Me and my parents drove up to Port Canaveral the day before, but it rained the whole way from Macon, Georgia, to the port. We stayed at the Raddison Resort at the Port which was pretty nice. The Raddison had a shuttle service from there to the cruise terminal, which is much cheaper than going from the airport to the port, and they let you have free parking for the time you are on your cruise if you stay there for one night. The Raddison is also a 5 min drive to the port.

Enchantment of the Seas was a very good ship, it is also ine of the oldest, and it got newly remodled when I went on the cruise. There were some downsides though. For example, at the time Royal Carribean advratised that there was a Johnny Rockets and a Ben & Jerry's on the ship, but there wasn't either. There was a sign that said Ben & Jerry's but when I asked they said it was taken off the ship. Ben & Jerry's is now Cafe Latte-Tudes.

But enough about the bad, lets get on with the actual cruise. On day after embarktion we went to Cococay, Royal Carribean's private island. We did the Jet Ski shore excursion and it was really cool. We drove around on our Jet Skis and saw some amazing wildlife in the ocean. This shore excursion was a 6 mile ride around the surrounding islands. Other than that we just hung around on the island until it was almist time to embark back on the ship. On day 3 we arrived in Nassau, sadly it was too hot that day to do a lot, so we just explored the Straw Market. On day 4 it was a sea day so we hung around the pool.

The entertainment was very good. They had a terrific band and shows. My favorite shoe was the comedy show. Day 5 was disembarktion and it went pretty smooth. We decided to arry our luggage off the ship and it actually went faster than thosed who checked their bag off the ship. Overall, I would definitley reccomend this cruise and give it TWO thumbs up/

tycup's Full Rating Summary

Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony
Cabin D1 7576

I was suprised to see how small the stateroom was, but it makes since once you think about it. I was just suprised since it was my first cruise. Other than that the stateroom was actually pretty big for a cruise ship. However, there is only enough room for 3 people, unless you are traveling with 2 small kids.

Orlando (Port Canaveral)

The port was very organized and smooth moving thru it.

Perfect Day at CocoCay

This was a 6 mile tour going as fast as you can on your very jet ski. You get to experience the amazing wildlife of the Carribean, and at one point you are allowed to get off your jet ski and go in the water for a couple minutes.

Nassau

It was a nice port. You get off on a ramp and you walk just a little bit to get to off the port. Sadly, it was just too hot for me to do much. All I did was go to the Straw Market which is right when you get off the port.

tycup