3. Marco Polo
A fabulous 4night cruise on the iconic Marco Polo. I loved this ships art deco interior and it reminded me of an episode of my favourite Hercule Poorly series! Unable to disembark at the Isles of Scilly due to bad weather, the entertainment manager put on a range of great activities including a traditional Captain's Reception! The visits to Honfleur , Rouen and afternoon cruise back down the Seine were memorable! We thoroughly enjoyed visiting historical places and the markets! The accommodation on board was a cabin on level 4,bijou but we loved the portholes, we were able to watch the Seine early morning. The dining room was a little cramped,but the tables were great,there was a great menu and the food was delicious, enjoyed with great dining companions!! The staff were second to none and my friend and I thoroughly enjoyed this short cruise.We felt this was traditional cruising at it's best ....the Marco Polo is now 50 years old! For us..it ..what is not to love !! It was reassuring that many passengers were older with some having a disability, the teams appeared to support them well.

Classic Cruising.

Marco Polo Cruise Review by BeaumontRoad

• Sail Date: March 2016
  • Destination: France

We thoroughly enjoyed visiting historical places and the markets!

BeaumontRoad’s Full Rating Summary
Get Cruise & Maritime Voyages Marco Polo price drops

Compact with portholes! Comfortable,TV and well looked after by cabin staff. Could hear the engine...but ..this is a ship!! No complaints at all!
  Marco Polo Deck Plans