• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match

Cruisekittens
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Mar 2016
Cabin: Inside

This ship is a classic. The decor is more old style with details to quality that the newer ships have elimated. It reminds me of the old days where an elegance and style for a touch of class was to be found in all areas of the ship and not just the best of the suites. Carved handrails, carved wall hangings, oriental trimmings are found throughout the ship. The more formal of the dining rooms maintains a cut above feel and makes one feel special. Being an older ship, there are areas that need a lot of attention and the staterooms could use restyling and furnishing replacements especially with the upholstered furniture which showed too much wear and tear...kind of dingy.

The food is good but not exceptional. The entertainment especially by the the NCL dancers and singers, the show band, the magician, and the arialist was about the best we have seen on any of our cruises on any of the lines we have used. The bar musicians and the bands found Throughout the ship were very good. The main criticism I have is that the staff was kind, helpful, accomadating, and friendly to the passengers when interacting with them. They do appear to be not very happy, should I say a bit sad, and a bit overworked when observed at a distance when they are not aware that you are watching them. I did complain about not having a safe I the room when we arrived and it took about 5 hours for them to get it installed taking several calls to get it done.

However, the hotel manager did try his best to make up for the two things that displeased us by giving us some special treats and follow up to make sure things were corrected as best as could be. I was impressed by this as most times on ships things may be corrected but nothing special added for the problem you mph as to put up with. This showed caring and concern for the passengers' happiness and promoting a great cruise experience.

Inside

Cabin IF

The worst part of our trip! Oversized pull out bed chair was much too big for this stateroom blocking a lot of space we would have enjoyed using differently as well as the chair was long ago needing replacementvas it was terribly soiled, worn, torn, and you sunk down into it as it was worn out. They did replace it with one that was a little better, but same style and just not as soiled. It should be thrown out! The rest of the room was nice although really small and the location was forward. I won't make that mistake again as the ride during higher waves was awful making me seasick and miserable for several days. My husband who isn't prown to motion sickness was even bothered by it In this this location. Never again will I have a forward room...middle to aft only.

1 Helpful Vote