3. Carnival Pride
As my title says, this was my first solo cruise. I had had this cruised booked for my husband and I. He had been diagnosed with lung cancer earlier, ... and well, he got worse and I cancelled. He passed last May. After I few weeks I rebooked. This was a Journey's cruise. My longest. 14 days was not too long for me. It was lonely at times. I spent most of my days soaking up the sun. We visited 8 ports. 4 I had been to before. Our first 3 stops were ports that I had already visited, and that was a good thing. Our cruise started on the 13th, a Sunday. Monday I started with sneezing, and coughing, ...lovely. I went to my cabin Monday afternoon and stayed there till Wed. morning. The cabin steward became a little concerned for me and had security call and visit me. It was nice to know that someone noticed, but I guess they are told to be observant of MIA passengers. The first 3 ports were Grand Turk (Sad that I missed the beach. It's so close), San Juan, and St. Thomas. I did not leave the ship. Not a problem for me. I like when pretty much everyone else gets off. SHE'S ALL MINE!!! lol The next ports, Dominica, St. Lucia; WI, and Martinique; French WI, I really just stepped off and checked out the shopping that was close. I was a little leery of venturing off alone. Our last stop was St. Maarten, my husband and I had visited there (first time) last year (his last cruise). I stayed on the ship. I only went to the DR the first night. I sat with a family of 3. A man, his wife and his sister. Very nice people. Also at the table were another man and wife, nice also. The table were all friends previous to the cruise. I told them that I probably wouldn't be back. It's just not my thing. I prefer to eat when I want. I may eat a late lunch and skip dinner, or eat a late breakfast and skip lunch. The DR can also take up a lot of time. I guess I'm not really into food all that much. Whatever strikes me is what I do. Isn't that what a cruise/vacation is about? Kind of no real timetable/schedule? It is for me. I did go to the Taj Mahal for some shows. Some were better than others. I also sat through some karaoke. Some were very good, ... others, ... I wish I had the balls. ;) I saw 3 comediennes, family and adult shows. The first guy was very good. The 2nd one did a 'little' better at his adult show. The 3rd, ... eh. I am happy to say that none of these comediennes relied too heavily on the use of profanities. Why do some seem to think that excessively using the 'F' word automatically makes something funny? I took dips in the pool when we were at port. The pool was practically ALL MINE. :) I also used the sauna and steam rooms. I enjoy a good sweat at times. The cruise was a great one, although I wish I hadn't been alone. Everyone I encountered seemed friendly and in a good mood, passengers and crew. Towards the end of the cruise though, you could tell the crew were tired, but they were still great. My cabin was well taken care of and the public areas, lido etc., were cleaned up pretty quick. I will be cruising solo again. I hope it goes as well as this one. Oh, I do want to mention my neighbors to the left of my cabin. For some reason it seems they were under the impression that every door and drawer NEEDED to be banged or slammed every time they were opened or closed. ??? Late at night, early in the morning, whenever, SLAM!!! BANG!!! I did write a note that I was going to slip into their mailbox, but I didn't.

First Solo

Carnival Pride Cruise Review by WetToes

He passed last May. After I few weeks I rebooked.

This was a Journey's cruise. My longest. 14 days was not too long for me.

It was lonely at times. I spent most of my days soaking up the sun.

I will be cruising solo again. I hope it goes as well as this one.

WetToes’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Pride price drops

I had a standard balcony. It was fine.
  Carnival Pride Deck Plans