Riviera Cruise Review

Riviera Cruise Review by children11

• Sail Date: Mar 2016
  • Destination: the Southern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Verandah Stateroom

Well day 2 the norovirus struck the ship again. We were on this protocol the rest of the cruise even though after 10 days no new cases and down to 2 quarantined. The staff was doing their best but could never keep up. This was especially noticed by the last few days of the 14 day cruise. Terrace Cafe was a disaster with keeping up with food and service.

We were not allowed to port in Aruba due to this and never offered our port charges back. They gave you free wine but big deal! We don't drink.

I was not informed (having first time on Oceania lines) that dinner service is not until 6:30 pm. I am a diabetic on insulin and meal times have to be spaced out and 6:30 is too late and then having to take insulin again at 10 pm. The shows at 9:45 is too late due to the above-mentioned situation. The food was not the best at sea by a long shot. Same veges each night in buffet, same potatoes, same grilled items. Not impressed and after day 2 my immune system was a mess with the sugar not being able to be regulated and having allergies to items used in their menu. I am allergic to MSG and soy and it was downhill from onset. No norovirus for us, Thank God, but my system was a mess.

Most of the passengers were not happy on this cruise and we will not do Oceania again. We are back to Holland America for transatlantic in 2 weeks. WE tried a new line and never will do again.

Again, the staff did the best they can but is it the clientele or what that this ship is sick every month?

To add insult to injury, I had a credit of $72 and they took that money out of my credit card! Trying to get that changed. Good luck on that situation. What a mess this is!

children11's Full Rating Summary