3. Celebrity Solstice
My husband and I booked this cruise as seeing Australia and especially Bali and the Great Barrier Reef was on our bucket list. Ha, saw many days of ocean and very little Australia. The ship canceled the Bali port due to possible "terrorist threats" during the Bali New Year (we were scheduled to stop on March 7), the new year was on March 9th, I call it an overreaching. So they added another day in Darwin. Our main goal was to see the Great Barrier Reef so we booked a private tour on our own. However, tendering was a joke and so unorganized that the ship was not able to get to the dock on time and thus, our private Great Barrier Reef tour had to be canceled. So no problem we thought. We had booked a second Great Barrier Reef tour (Whitsunday Island) with the ship at an outrageous $300 a person. Now here is the kicker. Another chaotic, unorganized tender with the Excursion Director, Karen. If she spent less time making jokes and paying attention to what she was doing, we would not have ended up with the wrong colored sticker for the wrong tour! We were sent on the rainforest tour instead of the Great Barrier Reef tour! I was heartbroken. Let me tell you about the rainforest tour. Another rip-off on a crammed bus with a driver who knew nothing. I was told by others on this tour that it was going to be ok even though I was on the wrong tour, as they were stopping for a "gourmet lunch" and to view the ocean by a park. Well the "gourmet lunch consisted of tupperware with cold cuts and bread that you could make yourself and a charge of $2.00 for a bottle of water. The tide was out a good three miles and all we saw was mud. The ship refunded our money for the tour, but that still doesn't make the mistake any easier to swallow. Boring evening entertainment, we saw few shows, and boring music. The main dining room was ok, service was very good each night. I was impressed with Tuscan Grille and Murano where the food was top-notch. If you wait a few days, they are usually outside of the café trying to get you to sign up for the specialty restaurants and you can get them down $10-20 less. We had a substantial amount of cabin credit and it was a good thing, because they nickel and dime you to death. Shuttle in ports is $13-15 dollars, internet $79 for 90 minutes. We had the classic beverage perk, but had to upgrade it to premium as you would have gone over your daily allowance of $65 per day just paying for water, not to mention any cocktails or soft drinks you wanted. Any fitness classes you wanted to take were $11. We were very happy to get off the ship and will have to think long and hard about another cruise. We have been on Royal Carribean and Holland America and these were much more enjoyable.

Soured for Future Cruises

Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review by BeckNCall

Boring evening entertainment, we saw few shows, and boring music.

BeckNCall’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Solstice price drops

Concierge Class
Cabin C1 1253
Our cabin 1253 was comfortable enough, but forget about the free canapes each afternoon that you get in Concierge class, they were disgusting. Cabin steward needs more training in making towel animals!
Resort Deck Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins