3. Oasis of the Seas
We are a family of 4 including my wife, 21yr old son, and 16yr old daughter. Pre-cruise we stayed 1 night at the Diplomat in Hollywood. Love that place. It was my third time staying there. Embarkation was simple and quick. We pulled up in an Uber at about 1:15pm and were on the ship by 1:45pm. We did have priority with C&A and went right to the front of the line. Cabins were ready by the time we were on board. We dropped off our carry-on's and decided to eat lunch at the Windjammer. Windjammer - Lunch after embarkation was the only time we had to wait for entry or had trouble finding a table. We tend to eat at off peak times so had no issues finding table for 4 whenever we ate there. We all enjoyed the variety and selection of foods. I also thought the quality and service was very good. Dirty tables were cleaned promptly. Park Cafe - The roast beef sandwiches were very good. I ate there twice and both times had roast beef. I did find the sauce was somewhat different both times. But still was very good. The sides were also very good. I had Greek salad and potato salad and both were very tasty. Main Dining Room - We were in Silk on second seating and probably had the worst table in the place. We were right inside the door in the corner. We debated trying to get moved to a new table but really enjoyed the service so took a family vote and decided to stay. The food quality and selection was very good. We also really enjoyed our service team. American Icon Grill - We ate breakfast here twice and ordered off the menu. The eggs benedict was very good. Service was very fast. 150 Central Park - We did only this one specialty restaurant. The food was ok but nothing memorable. I did enjoy the cucumber martini and that was probably the only item that really stood out as memorable. I wish I would have saved the $ and just ate in MDR that day. Entertainment - We did the Oasis of Dreams show on the first night. That show was just incredible. We had reservations for the other shows but it never did seem to be at a time where we were in the mood for a show and so skipped the other shows. Dazzels - We spent probably the most time in Dazzels. They had a good band and also DJ at times. Voom Internet - We did the BOGO and had a 4 device package. I knew I would need to work a little bit so needed the internet access. I also thought it would be good way to keep in touch with the family while on board. The connection was very fast and I was able to work with some large files. I also moved around the ship a bit with my laptop and never lost connection to my ERP system. Shore excursions - We did the Margaritaville sail, snorkel, & beach break excursion in Falmouth. I had read a few negative reviews but decided to give this excursion a shot. I liked the fact that the catamaran left from the cruise ship terminal so no need to take buses or transportation. The catamaran although crowded we were still able to get a nice seat with good view. It was a nice sail to the snorkeling spot. We were supposed to have 30 minutes to snorkel but it seemed like longer. After snorkeling they dropped us off a a little beach that had beach chairs and a small bar with food and drinks. Red Stripe was $6 a bottle and Jamaican beef patties were $4. There were some locals that would take turns walking down the beach trying to sell their goods. They were not overly intrusive. In Cozumel we did the Twister ride to Passion Island. We love that place. It is a private beach with limited access. It includes buffet and drinks. There are also included water sports. The highlight to me was the in water hammocks. The Twister ride was fast to get to the island and also included some high speed turns to make it exciting. I would go back on both of these excursions. In Labadee we just hing out and had a relaxing beach day. Cabin - Our attendant kept the room clean and was never really intrusive. He did his evening work while we were at dinner. We did have two maintenance issues. First the safe was locked when we got in the room. Maintenance was there in about 5 minutes after I reported to our attendant. We also had a problem with the toilet over filling. After flushing the toliet would keep filling and would flow out a hole in the underside of the rim. It did take about 24 hours and several calls before maintenance came and replaced a valve which solved the problem. Pool and deck chairs - We like deck 16 which is one deck above the pools. We had no problem getting 4 chairs together at the times we wanted. Overall I loved the ship. There was so many different areas to hang out and explore. The sun deck on 14 forward was a favorite spot. I also loved the sitting area on 5 aft by the running track. The neighborhood concept seemed to spread the crowds out and it never seemed that crazy considering how many people were on board.

Great Family Time on the Oasis

Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by dbevmac

We are a family of 4 including my wife, 21yr old son, and 16yr old daughter.

dbevmac’s Full Rating Summary