3. Balmoral
For our Wedding Anniversary we decided to do something special and choose the Fred Olsen cruise "Easter Ireland" and booked a Premier Suite. We could not fault anything (perhaps apart from some of the weather - not in Fred Olsen's control!). As it was our 40th Anniversary we were given the complimentary anniversary package of sparkling wine, flowers, cake, card, portrait photo and gift. During the cruise it was also my birthday so we were slightly embarrassed when a cake was brought to our table on the Friday for my birthday together with the table staff serenading me and the next day another cake and serenade for our anniversary. The staff were superb and could not do enough for us. We asked if the anniversary cake could be packaged to take home to share with family and they made a special box for it and wrapped it with ribbon. The staff soon learned our names and we were often called "Sir, John and Madam, Jennifer". The food was superb both in choice, presentation and cooking. Most evenings we only managed three of the five courses due to the quantity. The ports of call were Belfast, Dublin (two days) and Cobn. All of which were interesting and we went independently rather than take the organised tours. We are not night owls and in Dublin managed to find a pub (Oliver St. John Gogerty) which had live Irish music during the afternoon. The evening shows were very good but I much preferred the live music from the string trio and pianist/singer in the small lounges.

First Fred Olsen Cruise (Premier Suite)

Balmoral Cruise Review by west wighter

west wighter’s Full Rating Summary
Get Balmoral price drops

Premier Suite
Cabin PS 1019
I don't know if we were allocated 1019 as we booked early but this seemed to be the largest suite. Due to being built around a staircase it was much longer that most other suites. There was no noise from the staircase but this meant that due to the layout we had a sitting area separated from the sleeping area with a door which could be closed it one of us wanted to sleep and the other sit up and read. Because the suite was longer the balcony was also longer at about 30 feet in length. I had read on your community forum that the suites once had complimentary carafes of whiskey, gin and brandy but that this was no longer provided. However we could choose one complementary bottle each and I had a (litre) bottle of Famous Grouse and Jenny a (litre) bottle of Harvey's Bristol Cream. The cabin staff were superb and nothing was too much trouble.
  Balmoral Deck Plans