3. Enchantment of the Seas
Let me start by saying we are unpretentious expect the unexpected casual travelers consisting of Mom, Dad and teenage son. This was our first cruise with Royal Caribbean. Booking: Booking a cruise is all part of the excitement for me and my prior bookings I was met with equally as fun, warm and helpful agents (other lines) We booked via the phone with a RC rep. The agent was lacking any sort of enthusiasm and did not provide any additional information other than monotone responses. This struck a cord with me and I would have to say set the tone with our experience with RC from beginning to end. Food: Food in both My Fair Lady and Windjammer was good. No complaints. However we had to pay for orange juice. Juice is only complimentary during breakfast. Stateroom: Our stateroom was clean, neat and surprisingly comfortable with a lot of storage. We had an issue with the safe which was resolved quickly and efficiently. Our balcony was small and the railings, fittings were all showing major rust and wear. The privacy barriers did not completely provide privacy. You were able to see both neighbors easily at the railing. Crew: We didn't experience the smiling faces or communication from the crew as we had grown accustomed to with other lines. Our stateroom host was very pleasant and always greeted us with a smile. Even our servers seemed distracted however pleasant and ready to serve but they didn't engage or connect to their guests ; again as we had grown accustomed to. Ship: The interior of the ship was nice considering the age. The exterior is showing its age. Entertainment: Bing Bong and Moe were very entertaining. The shows were good. The singers were awesome! Excursions: We booked two online Atlantis Aquaventure Behind the Seas Tour (this was a Christmas present for our son) Atlantis is sensory overload and large in scale . We can say we did it and will never do it again lol . It was primarily for our son's enjoyment and as long as he was happy that's what was important. The excursion was mass confusion from start to finish. There wasn't any definitive instructions on who, what or where you were to meet on the dock. You were dumped at a drop off and told when you could catch the transfer back. Then you had to figure out where you were supposed to go on your own. We went on a few slides, walked around the aquarium, watched the Dolphins from the viewing area and caught the first shuttle back to the ship. The Behind the Sea Tour was cancelled on the day we were to do it due to not enough people?? This was a big negative point for us : ( Coco cay was a complete dream of an island. Overall this was the first cruise that we did not experience disembarkation malaise.

Enchanted? Meh.

Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by crazy coconutz

• Sail Date: March 2016
  • Destination: Bahamas

This was our first cruise with Royal Caribbean.

Booking:

Food:

Stateroom:

We had an issue with the safe which was resolved quickly and efficiently.

Crew:

Ship:

The interior of the ship was nice considering the age.

The exterior is showing its age.

Entertainment:

Excursions:

We booked two online

Atlantis Aquaventure

Behind the Seas Tour (this was a Christmas present for our son)

Coco cay was a complete dream of an island.

crazy coconutz’s Full Rating Summary