Norwegian Escape Cruise Review

Norwegian Escape Cruise Review by Jab2012

• Sail Date: Mar 2016
  • Destination: the Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Family Mini-Suite with Balcony

First I need to say is that anyone that wants to be picky should never go on a cruise!! I couldn't wait to write this review. In fact I'm doing it as we head to the Airport. The Escape was a very Beautiful Ship with the Wow factor! From first entering the ship all the way to the exiting the ship on the last day the crew was Superb!! Starting at the Port to getting on the ship went smoothly! Yes there is a waiting period so don't get there at 9 am! We arrived at 11:30-11:45 and was on board by 12:45. Once on the ship we were able to eat a great lunch! It was so relaxing and the staff was always friendly! The only hiccup was getting 1 out 8 pieces of our luggage. The tag got ripped off so it was at the Guest Service Desk! If we would have thought to go there earlier I'm sure we would have had my luggage a lot earlier! Lesson learned!

Throughout the cruise every single person was friendly and looked like they enjoyed their jobs! There is one exception and that was the young girl at the Excursion Desk! She was quite curt and seemed as if we were bothering her with our many questions we had about an Excursion! She must of been having an off day! Not that you have to but we tipped our stewards that cleaned our rooms and our friendly bartenders!! I know the gratuity is included but I think they deserved extra! Our room was cleaned very well and our kiddos loved having a animal made from towels left on their beds each day! On our port days the whole Embarkation process was so easy!! On our final day Exiting the ship was a breeze as well. We took our own luggage and it wasn't bad at all! I believe we were off the ship within 20 minutes.

The food and drinks were the best I have ever had at a resort. The After Midnight show was spectacular. Only wished the Million Dollar Quartette wasn't cancelled. But all in all there are people that like to only point out the bad and I'm sure there are but the good definitely out weighs them on this ship! This was our first cruise. We are a family of 7! I will definitely sail on a NCL ship again!! In fact NCL ships put the others we saw at the ports to shame! Keep up the energy and greeting your guests back on the ships NCL! The other ships look boring and I think the other ships guests wished they were getting on our ship when they saw the special treatments we got as we were boarding...cool wash clothes, water and juice!! Very nice factor!

Jab2012's Full Rating Summary

Family Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin M2 9206 & 9208

Excellent, loved the sky beds! Beds are comfortable! Room was cleaned well each day and kids loved the animals made out of towels!

Turtle Swim

The Cat was the best excursion we have been on! Very fun and friendly staff!

View All 92 Turtle Swim Reviews
Blue Lagoon Island Beach

Probably could of done without this! It was fun but not a lot of time to shop when your back to the port. There is no real shopping at this beach.

View All 284 Blue Lagoon Island Beach Reviews
Tortola

Went to the Beach by our own taxi! Had a blast. Paid $8 per person each way!

Jab2012