3. Carnival Victory
Me and my husband and 17 year old son just got back from our cruise. It seems that every cruise I go on I am less and less impressed. The ship is older and it shows. Alot of corrosion and rust all over even the pool. There were alot of young kids because it was spring break so I was happy to find an adult only pool and hot tubs on the back of the boat. The pools were salt water and VERY salty. There was what was supposed to be a waterfall by the adult pool but it was not working and alot of the tiles were falling off of it and going into the pool. There were 2 hot tubs by the adult pool and one was so hot no one could go in it. The bar service was good especially if you go to the same bar and tip them. We purchased the Cheers beverage package which already includes tip but if you give the same bartender a dollar here and there they will cater to you more. The food was not that good. The first day they had fish and lamb at the buffet which my husband doesn't eat either. There wasn't alot of desserts to choose from either. There was a couple soft serve ice cream machines that my son loved. Also there is a pizza station where they make 4 or 5 different pizzas 24/7. The pizza was nothing great, paper thin crust, but it was something to snack on by the pool. There was also hamburgers, hot dogs and chicken strips for a few hours a day by the pool. Our room was clean but my son had to sleep on a couch that was maybe 5 feet long. I thought we would have a pull out couch but no. There was a partition between the balconys that was broken and banging in the wind the whole time. The shows aren't the Las Vegas type anymore but entertaining enough. The Bahamas is probably the most boring of all the cruise destinations. My son and his cousins did rent a couple jet skis by Atlantis and had a good time. Make sure you keep track of when you leave with the jet ski because we paid for an hour and they called my son in after 35 min. I complained to the guy and they let him go back out for another 20 min. Probably will be our last cruise. I would much rather go to an all-inclusive resort with no schedules or lines.

Just OK

Carnival Victory Cruise Review by shelli0502

• Sail Date: March 2016
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

The shows aren't the Las Vegas type anymore but entertaining enough.

shelli0502’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 16+
Get Carnival Victory price drops

Balcony
Cabin 8A 6276
Just OK. Needs updating but everything was clean and the main bed was comfortable. My son who is 5ft. 7in. tall had to sleep on a couch that was maybe 5 feet long. His legs were hanging off the end. The partition between our balcony was broken and it kept banging with the wind. I tried to shove some tissue where the latch was to try and soften the noise but it didn't help. There was no mini fridge in our room to keep our cans of pop cold that we brought on the ship.
Upper Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins