3. Carnival Miracle
We had saved for this cruise for a long time. It wa our 3rd cruise but the first with our young children. We purchased the Faster to the Fun pass which supposedly sent us to a shorter embarkation line and our room and luggage were supposed to be ready and delivered when we boarded. The check in line was long but not 2hrs so I think we probably made out ok there. Our room was ready but it took a little more time to get our luggage, but still within reason. Because it had been 8 years since our last cruise I was VERY excited to be there and did not think anything could kill my high but I was wrong. On our first day at sea we grabbed our blue towels from the room and hit the (ice cold) pool. While in the pool with our children, someone walked off with our towels. Not thinking much of it, I went to report it to the pool towel guy, David. I was dumbfounded by his arrogant response. He told me that the towels were my responsibility and that since we lost them I would have to be charged $22/pc for them. I assured him that we did not throw them overboard, that someone had probably just grabbed and used them but he insisted that we should have kept our eyes on the towels. At one point I thought to myself, "this guys is joking with me right?" He wasn't. As a parent, all I heard was "Carnival towels are more important than the safety of your children in the pool." After that, my euphoric "cruise goggles" came off and every flaw was annoyingly apparent. Let's start with the biggest one (besides the rude towel guy), the food. It was pretty bad. Lunch and dinner at the buffet were almost intolerable for me. The meat was impossible to cut and there was no selection of hot food. Pizza seemed to take forever. Breakfast was a mixed bag. The eggs were gawdawful. It was some sort of mixture that tasted batter like. They may have used the same stuff for the made-to-order omelet which my husband only made the mistake of ordering once. The french toast was good though. In the main dining room the food was better but again no selection. Both my husband and I ended up ordering the same thing many nights because there wasn't much to choose from. The service varied from night to night but was never horrible. The kids enjoyed Camp Carnival (my oldest more than my youngest) but they both ended up having an "accident" once each that went unnoticed (lots of kids so I guess I can understand). We left a bag of backup clothing for this very reason for my youngest on the first day we dropped him off and by the 3rd day they had lost it, never to be found again which was really disappointing. i got a pedicure at the spa that left my big toe injured and scabbed. I did find it weird that there weren't more hand sanitizer stations present and they never asked any adults to wash their hands. They did however ask the kids to do so every time they were about to enter Camp Carnival which was good. It was also impossible to find any trash cans onboard for half eaten, dripping all over and abandoned ice cream cones. Overall we had a great family vacation and we will be cruising again, but I really feel like we can do better than Carnival.

Done with Carnival for a long while.

Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by Rmcooper

• Sail Date: March 2016
  • Destination: Mexican Riviera
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View

i got a pedicure at the spa that left my big toe injured and scabbed.

Rmcooper’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 3 to 6
Get Carnival Miracle price drops

Ocean View
Cabin 6A 1196
We had a cabin with a great view on deck 1. It was spacious and comfortable for the most part excluding the bottom bunk which was the sitting couch with a sheet thrown over it (expected but uncomfortable none the less). Our room steward Michael was very friendly, thorough and great with the kids.
Riviera Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins