• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Excursions

Azamara Journey Review

Editor Rating
67 Awards

Oh Azamara, what happened to you?

Review for Azamara Journey to the Panama Canal & Central America
sggswa
10+ Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Feb 2016
Cabin: Club Veranda Stateroom

I don't usually write reviews, there are so many good descriptions of cruises and ports I normally don't feel I have a lot to add, but this last cruise was such a disappointment and it was relatively expensive I thought I had to.

Six of us booked an Azamara cruise through the Panama Canal based on an earlier cruise I had taken and therefore recommended we ‘upgrade’ to Azamara. Unfortunately this was the worst cruise ship experience we have had so far with any RCCL ship including a Royal Caribbean branded cruise.

The good:

Club Veranda Stateroom

The staterooms on this ship are small, we knew this in advance, the bathrooms are particularly small but I think manageable. The condition of the stateroom was disappointing. There was a sticky brown substance on the divider of the veranda that was never cleaned, the paint was chipping and the balcony rail seemed to have burn marks on it. The bathroom shower was actually rusty, the headboard was broken and falling and the reading light was broken and dangling. Sheets had unnerving stains on them. The info system did not work at all. The emergency announcement system did not work

13 Helpful Votes