3. Enchantment of the Seas
We are a family of 4 with two young children. Overall I scored the cruise a 3/5. Here are the top pros/cons: 1. Food - good and bad. The buffet made it easy to feed the children reasonably healthy food. For the adults I found the food to be about quantity over quality. I wasn't impressed with the standard of food from any location. The fanciest place was My Fair Lady, the standard of meal here was very poor - something very dated, it felt like stepping back in time 25 years. 2. Staff - generally very happy, friendly, nice & helpful which made the difference for us. A few less than this but overall excellent. 3. Room - we had a balcony room to share with our children. It was very small & drove me slightly nuts! Our room was not properly cleaned when we boarded the ship. There were cigarette buts, used tissues and paper in the wardrobe - yuck!! We stood in a line for 30 mins to report it - not a great start to our holiday. We got an apology & were told to buy ourselves a drink and expense if. We bought a drink but the line was always very long to bring the receipt back. It wasn't worth wasting another 30 mins of our vacation so we never did expense the drink. 4. Excursion - we did the dolphin session in the Atlantis. This was very expensive. In hindsight we should have used that budget for a day in Discovety cove instead. I felt the guy at the excursion desk was very unhelpful & deliverately tried to frighten us into thinking if we don't book with them we will miss the ship. 5. Kids club - this was good sometimes but totally wild other times. 6 plus year olds have a ratio of 25 to 1 which is crazy. My sons were punched on the first visit as were most kids in the club. I think the ratios are irresponsible. 6. Wifi - crazy expensive so we were offline for the trip. Overall it was a lazy holiday on a very old & outdated ship. I might cruise again but only on a new ship. I looked the ship up on the web afterwards and was surprised to see it launched in 1997, it feels at least 10-15 years more outdated & in need of retirement.

First cruise, disappointed with the ship

Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by Irish Madge

• Sail Date: March 2016
  • Destination: Bahamas

6. Wifi - crazy expensive so we were offline for the trip.

Irish Madge’s Full Rating Summary