3. Magellan
Having spent a lifetime sailing and never having seen the point of cruising in a big ship my wife finally persuaded me that is what we were going to do. She had enjoyed Christmas shopping trip on Marco Polo with a friend and was keen to see the fjords so I read the reviews of Magellan and having enjoyed a tremendous week I have come to the conclusion that the detrimental reviews are more about the reviewer than the ship. We met several people who seemed to be there just to moan and that was before they had even boarded Fortunately we didn't have to eat with them. Yes Magellan rolls when the sea is rough, so does everything else that floats, some more than others. I forgot to unscrew the inclinometer from my own boat and take it but I didn't notice a permanent list or anything more than the usual heel in the wind and when she navigated tight bends. Yes she is an elderly lady but she is kept beautifully clean and the crew were marvellous. Nothing appeared to be too much for them. The cabin was spotless, the odd creak from a ship underway doesn't keep me awake. I rate excellent based on what I pay and CMV give tremendous value for money. The Port of Tilbury does have more than a few problems none of which are in CMV's control. It is very convenient for us as we live on the Essex Coast and no doubt for the millions of others living close to London but access by road can be a problem so allow plenty of time. Would we sail on Magellan again - we have already booked.

Were we aboard the same ship??

Magellan Cruise Review by Crouchsailor

I rate excellent based on what I pay and CMV give tremendous value for money.

Would we sail on Magellan again - we have already booked.
Crouchsailor’s Full Rating Summary
Get Cruise & Maritime Voyages Magellan price drops

Very clean and kept that way. Wardrobe and drawer space fine for us (we do travel fairly light). Aircon a bit of a challenge but crew are very helpful.