3. Carnival Fascination
Our cruise was on The Fascination. 3/16/09-3/21/09. We always have a great time on any cruise. It has nothing to do with the ship, we just love cruising. This was our 5th Carnival cruise (maybe our last) and our 30th cruise. In all the years my husband and I have been cruising, we have never had such a dirty cabin. On such a short cruise our cabin was not vacuumed for 2 days. On one of the days, we did not get clean towels. The halls were constantly obstructed with dirty food trays and dishes that sometime sat for two days, there is nothing more appetizing than looking at old pizza, sandwiches and pasta. The huge dirty laundry bags sat in the hall as did the clean towel carts, vacuum cleaners and other sundry cleaning items that apparently was not used in our room. Some one regurgitated on the carpet in our corridor and it stayed there all day. It was disgusting. Adults as well as children walked through out the Atrium, halls and elevators in WET bathing suits. I stepped in a puddle in the elevator, if I had slipped, I might have owned a piece of Carnival. No staff member at the Purser's desk said anything to them as they stood in front of them dripping wet. The Captain should sign less autographs, sing less songs and pay more attention to what his hotel manager is up to. The hotel manager should check on his staff closer and more often. I can't figure out why when the ship docks on Friday and doesn't leave until Monday that the cabins aren't ready for the passengers at embarkation. When they embark on the ship (some people went aboard as early as 11 AM) the passengers must take their carry on luggage with them to the Lido deck, for lunch, where everyone trips over everyone else's luggage. The cabins are not ready until 3 PM, sailing is at 5 PM. The disembarkation was one of the longest I have ever waited through. The ship docked at 7 AM it cleared immigration at 7:35 AM and we didn't get off the ship until 9:45.......... Self assisted is fine for the young, but not for seniors. As I said we do love cruising. The shows were wonderful, the cruise director, Trevor Block was really great. The comedians really funny as was the juggler....amazing but more of a comedian. The dance shows really really great. The waiters needed more seasoning, but not the food. It was not as great as some other ships, but enjoyable and nothing to complain about. It would be nice if instead of putting the small non smoking section of the casino slots in a corner where you have to pass through the rest of the smoke filled casino to get to it, they put it in the front near the no smoking bar and lounge.

Wish we were forewarned

Carnival Fascination Cruise Review by dramboie

dramboie’s Full Rating Summary
Rates
Get Carnival Fascination price drops

Closet space adequate, noisy hallway, noisy next door neighbors with kids. Center ship, good location for rough seas.
  Carnival Fascination Deck Plans