3. Norwegian Escape
We love Norwegian, it's our preferred cruise line. Short or long cruises, we go to Norwegian first. The Escape is a beautiful ship and for the most part, we were extremely happy with our experience. There's so much to do, that if you never got off the ship, you would have a great time. Since the Pros far outweigh the Cons, I'll list the Pros first. We did have much difficulty booking specialty restaurants after we purchased the upgraded dining package. Our cruise consultant was very helpful with that. We did get 2 calls before our cruise however, one was to cancel a dinner reservation, stating that the entire restaurant had now been reserved for a private party. I wasn't too happy about that. We were able to switch a few reservations around, again with the help of our wonderful cruise consultant. Then we received a call saying that a show we had booked was also now unavailable, so we had to book another night. Again, I called our cruise consultant and in no time, she booked us for another night. Once onboard, I thought it wise to confirm our dining reservations and it turns out there were MANY people who could not book their reservations online, many angry people. What a terrible way to start out a trip. My opinion is that it never gets you anywhere to be rude or angry to a staff person who is trying to help you. So, I did end up changing one of our reservations, but everything else was good. We decided to pay an additional upcharge to dine at Bayamo, and I can't say it was worth the extra $15 ea. I wouldn't go to that restaurant again. The complimentary dining, the Manhattan Room, was awful. The food was not good and frankly the band sucked. You're supposed to be able to dance, but half the dance floor was covered with tables and the band was so bad, no one was dancing. We felt very rushed in all of the restaurants, including the ones we paid upcharges for. Before even finishing salad, dinner was coming. After 2 days, we stopped ordering the next course, which the staff didn't appreciate, but I don't like to rush. The worst thing, the heavy smell if cigarette smoke which penetrates the center of the ship, from the casino. It was disgusting. Such a shame to have a new ship wreak of cigarette smoke. We had wanted a reservation at LeBistro, but the only tables available were in the atrium, where the smoke from the casino on the deck above pours down on you, so we passed of that restaurant. The pool is very small, not nearly as big as it appears in photos and not enough for a ship that holds over 4000 people. They do have a childrens pool and kids are not allowed in the other until after 5pm, so that's a good thing. OK, the Pros The Aqua park is AWESOME! The tube was wonderful, my husband and I went many times double tube, single tube. The free fall where you stand in a tube and the floor drops out from under you OMG it was exhilarating! The hot tubs were nice, but often crowded. We did not partake in the mini golf, but it looked fun. The fitness center was of a good size, but it's mostly treadmills. They have some freeweights which is what we both usually use and I teach TRX and group classes, so I didn't feel I needed to pay for classes, so we did not join in. Also, they don't allow you to use TRX unless it's during class.The ropes course was crowded, but fun. The zip line, once you navigate the course, is very short, maybe 15 feet. Cagney's is our favorite restaurant on all of the Norwegian ships. We ate there twice, but again felt rushed. The Food Republic was AWESOME! We loved the option of picking our food from the tablet on the table and just choosing as you go and when you're ready, you order what's next. The Brazilian Steakhouse was good too, and the Italian Restaurant never fails to impress. Just slow down, don't rush people! The dance party at Spice H20 each night was fantastic. I wish we had known about the Vibe Club, a private deck on the ship, because we would have paid the extra fee for that. The Prime Meredian bar was the best bar to sit in, 2nd best was the atrium. Our cabin was fantastic and our steward was spot on. We saw 2 shows, "Midnight Quartet" was just as good as when we saw it on Broadway a few years ago and again in our home town of West Palm Beach, FL. The other show "After Midnight" was fantastic as well. We did not go to the Headliners Comedy Club, again that darn cigarette smoke permeating from the casino. All in all, we had a wonderful experience and I'd definitely go on the Escape again. We're already booked for another cruise later this year and are counting the days!

Can't wait for the next one!

Norwegian Escape Cruise Review by SeekTheBest

• Sail Date: February 2016
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Mid-ship Inside Stateroom

OK, the Pros

Our cabin was fantastic and our steward was spot on.

SeekTheBest’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Escape price drops

Mid-ship Inside Stateroom
Cabin IA
Our cabin was fantastic and our steward was spot on. The cabin was spacious and we hadn't booked anything special. In fact, we got an inside cabin, so we didn't have to block out the light to sleep in late. We always get a balcony or at least outside cabin, so we were leery, but it was wonderful.
Deck 15 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins