3. Disney Wonder
This was our 4th Disney cruise, and the first time sailing on the Wonder. We have previously sailed on the Magic (3-night in 2005) the Dream (3-night in 2013) and the Fantasy (7-night in 2015). We have two teenagers, ages 14 and 16. Since we live in Orlando we usually sail out of Port Canaveral, but this time we cruised with extended family from all over and Miami was the most convenient port for everyone. Aside from the minor inconvenience of having the extra drive, we absolutely loved sailing out of Miami! You get a fantastic view of downtown, as well as a peek at the multi-million dollar homes of the rich and famous on Star Island as you are heading out to sea. We also got a huge kick out of the people who were stuck in traffic hanging out their windows to wave to us! My initial reaction to stepping onto a smaller ship after recently sailing on the larger ones was one of minor disappointment. The atrium on the Magic and Wonder are beautiful and elegant in their own right, but just don't hold a candle to the grandeur of the those on the Dream and Fantasy. However, over the course of the cruise I found that I loved the smaller feel of the ship, and can honestly say that I may have even preferred it! We sailed the week before Easter, prime Spring Break time and the cruise had been completely sold out for months. Despite this, not once did it ever feel crowded to us. The pools did at times seem a bit packed ("kid soup") but it was relatively cool outside so we never actually went in them. As always, the adult areas were pretty empty most of the time. The food ranged from just ok to excellent. We absolutely loved our servers, Shane and Meibel. We are a family of jokesters, and we love to have fun interacting with our servers. They did not disappoint! They kept all of the kids at the table (from age 4-16) entertained and the service was impeccable. And I can not say enough good things about Palo Brunch. A must-do if you can swing it! Unfortunately, nothing has been done to remedy the bad coffee situation in the buffets and room service. This has always been one of our biggest complaints on the Disney ships! We love to order room service the night before and have our coffee on the verandah, but the "coffee" this time was truly undrinkable. I ended up heading to the Cove cafe and buying our coffee drinks each morning. I wish they could figure out a way to improve the complimentary coffee! Cabin service was excellent as always. Our cabin steward, Emer, went above and beyond to keep our room serviced and help us with anything we needed. The kids loved the teen club (Vibe). They did admit that they preferred the larger size of the clubs on the larger ships, but they still had a great time each evening. The nightly shows were enjoyable as always. We especially enjoyed the magician, Mike Super. We had watched him on America's Got Talent so it was awesome to get to see him in person! The Wonder is certainly showing it's age, but it is still such a beautiful ship. I look forward to seeing what they do to it when it enters it's two-month dry dock in the fall. Overall we had one of our best cruises to date. For those trying to decide between Disney and other cruise lines, let me just say this. We LOVE everything Disney. We are Disney Vacation Club members and have annual passes. We have have cruised with other lines and enjoyed them equally, but for different reasons. For us the intangible Disney "magic" is what makes it our go-to cruise line. If you aren't a Disney lover, I can understand why the extra expense may deter you. However I will say that Disney has continued to wow us with each and every cruise. We even booked a future cruise on the Dream in January!

Another amazing Disney Cruise!

Disney Wonder Cruise Review by pixiedust623

Ages 16+
Get Disney Wonder price drops

Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah
Cabin 05B 7534
Great location, right near the Aft elevators.
Deck 7 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins