3. Radiance of the Seas
We have sailed with Royal Caribbean 4 times before but were disappointed this time. The Radiance of the Seas was to have some minor changes before we got on but they were cancelled, until March and were done with passengers on the ship. Noise, smells of expoxy, glues and metal being cut were a daily thing for approximately a week. They took out passenger seating by Lattitudes cafe to move their Next Cruise office there. Now when you buy coffee, hot chocolate and get a snack you have to navigate to another deck or back to your cabin, customers in mind I think not. There are a lot of minor repairs that should be made that are not. We were in cabin 7110 an accessible cabin. Cabin and room steward great, but when you pushed button to open door you had to count to 5 and when you closed it you had to pull it to make it latch. The door would not open one night so the room steward put in a call and by struggling we got in. It took 2 more calls and a visit to customer relations to get it fixed. The above mentioned was the fix...count to 5 and once the door closes push or pull to secure your room. Were also replacing carpet in public areas and working and painting in the solarium pool. Internet costs are extravagant. Sell, sell, sell is their motto now from pictures to specialty restaurants. We could not go to the Windjammer without being asked to buy something. For 33 days this became very aggrivating and not only to us. Gratuities . We paid before we got on the cruise but were reminded verbally and with a letter that they worked very hard so maybe we could give them extra. Our waiter Ericson was excellent. He took care of all my fussy requests with a big smile. The assistant waiter Marshall was also excellent and we were able to have some laughs with him. Entertainment was ok, some acts better than others, but you can pick and choose. Steve the cruise director was very involved and participated in a lot of activities..Thriller dance and a rock on show were very good. He also had Captain Trym do cake decorating with baking staff. This was great to watch the captain has quite a sense of humour. Sea days were too many for us but after our travel of 24 hours we decided to go around Australia Tours were expensive, yes but we saw kangaroos and koalas in the wild and my husband fed some and I got to hold a baby joey. A couple of tours were disappointing We thought we were going to a rain forest to walk around but all we did was drive through it and stopped in Karunda for an hour of shopping. Another one we were driven up the mountain so we could order so ething to eat and drink in a half hour. It took 25 minutes to get 2 cups of tea and carrot cake so we had 5 minutes to consume it. There is not a lot for kids to do on this ship and not a lot of kids We did meet some very nice people from Australia. Ship is going in shortly for refurbisment so hopefully they will not be doing construction with passengers on board. I did not have to cook or clean for 33 days and was entertained if I wanted, a big plus in my books

Major Construction During Cruise

Radiance of the Seas Cruise Review by sickcruiser

There is not a lot for kids to do on this ship and not a lot of kids

We did meet some very nice people from Australia.

sickcruiser’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Radiance of the Seas price drops

Cabin being accessible is larger than normal balcony cabins and has a larger balcony that looks onto white cover over tender boats.
It is very close to centre elevators and there are no cabins across the hall.
Beds were comfortable enough and there was plenty of shelves and hanging space for clothes
There were actually two spaces by window that were set back were we could store luggage. Negative to this room - every night around 3 in the morning there is a lot of noise from below which woke me up
  Radiance of the Seas Deck Plans