CYBER MONDAY DEALS! Get discounts on top-rated cruises. View Deals
  • Cruise Tips

Wind Surf Review

Editor Rating
40 Awards

My First Cruise and I'm Spoiled Rotten!

Review for Wind Surf to the Eastern Caribbean
AniW
First Time Cruiser • Age 60s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Mar 2016
Cabin: Oceanview Stateroom
Preparing to board: Captain Pinto and one of his crew personally greeted us
Boarding was quick and easy.
Our cabin was very clean and comfortable!
We loved the "drink of the day" especially the Bon Voyage cocktail!
The ship is moored off Barbuda
The sail away is a great experience...Vangelis 1492 is played on the loudsp
The island experience is lots of fun! Don't miss it.
There was lots to do on shore for the Island Experience, and the swim platf
The crew gave us a great send off with their rendition of Rod Stewart's

This was my first cruise, but my boyfriend's 5th. While I haven't cruised before, I've traveled extensively. My boyfriend has typically taken large ships on Royal Caribbean and Carnival. In his words, "This isn't cruising, this is yachting. You can't even compare it to a large cruise ship."

We took Windstar's Classic Caribbean itinerary, which visits Antigua, Dominica, St. Lucia, Guadeloupe, St. Kitt's, St. Barthelemy and St. Martin. We had a large suite on Deck 3 which was beautifully appointed and comfortable with a King-sized bed.

From the moment we approached the ship we were treated like royalty. The check in procedure was seamless and we were quickly taken to our cabin by our stewart, who was wonderful the entire trip. Our cabin was spotless and stayed that way the entire trip, with fresh fruit every day. One of the nicest things about this cruise is you are not charged for soft drinks and if you don't purchase the alcohol package, the drinks are very reasonable with a great selection of wines by the glass for dinner. Little tip: Try the drink of the day!

Oceanview Stateroom

Cabin A

Squeaky clean and comfortable. Bathrobe and slippers, hair dryer and fresh fruit in the room every day. Laundry service is also available. Stewards are attentive and amazing.

22 Helpful Votes