3. Adventure of the Seas
I am not going to give a lengthy review of what my experience was like. Instead, I will give the pros and cons as this was my very first cruise Pros: 1. Staff was very friendly (including the bartenders) I will give a list of crew members that made our cruise memorable below 2. The entertainment was a lost of fun. Music Trivia and Karaoke in the Schooner bar made our nights fun. 3. Variety of food on the menu in the Main Dining Room. 4. Movies by the pool was a nice touch 5. I thought the ship was well maintained - did not notice anything that needed repairs badly. Cons: 1. Morning room service - Scrambled Eggs are powdered. Go to the MDR for breakfast (the eggs are real there). I had heard that the eggs at Windjammer are powdered too, but that is hearsay as I did not breakfast there. 2. While at port only 2 bars are open until around 2-4pm. The pool bar and Café Promenade. There were times I would have liked to hang out at the Duck and Dog, but it was closed. Just something to think about if you are buying a drink package. 3. Windjammer selection - Okay, I know it is a buffet, but I can only handle so much Carbs. No wonder people gain so much weight on a cruise. All they eat are carbs. 4. Although the MDR had a good variety each night for dinner it was often too salty. 5. All shops are closed while in port. It would be nice if they could leave the General Store open just for basic items that you may want if you stay on board. Crew that were memorable: Keifley - cabin steward (I am sure I misspelled the name - sounds like Keefely or keithly) Risa - Champagne Bar (I am sure I butchered the spelling here as well. Sounds like Reesa) Erica from Merica - One of the entertainment crew members. Always a lot of fun during trivia and karaoke Nai - Entertainment crew - but she is off the ship now and may not be returning Mr, D at the Champagne Bar And, I do not know his name, but he works at the Duck and Dog and was from the Ukraine. He made the best Tom Collins from scratch.

First Cruise Ever

Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by patriot4657

Pros:

3. Variety of food on the menu in the Main Dining Room.

4. Movies by the pool was a nice touch

Cons:

Crew that were memorable:

Nai - Entertainment crew - but she is off the ship now and may not be returning

Mr, D at the Champagne Bar

patriot4657’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Seas price drops

The cabin was always clean with fresh towels. We got to know our cabin steward and I think that makes a big difference.
  Adventure of the Seas Deck Plans

• Barbados
    This was our favorite island. We took a Taxi to the Radisson to get a day pass to use their chairs and amenities. When we got there we were told they were not offering passes during the busy season, but since we were there for day to go ahead and grab a couple of chairs. We then asked for the wifi password and they gave us that as well.

If you get a chance Cuz's Fish Stand is next to the Radisson - make sure you get a sandwich and a bottle of Bank's beer.

Please keep in mind that what costs $ 30 Barbadian money is only $ 15 USD.
    View All 1,582 Barbados Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Barbados Cruise Port Review
  • Martinique
    This island is not set up for tourism. We took a water taxi to Point Du Bout hoping to do some shopping. We got off the boat and there were no shops within walking distance and no taxi's to be hailed. The beach was narrow and had beach bar after beach bar which were not open yet. It was hot, humid and no wind. We boarded the water taxi as soon as it came back. We decided that Martinique is a dump. We went back to the ship and hung out by the pool
    View All 365 Martinique Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Martinique Cruise Port Review
  • San Juan
    We got in late the night before, but San Juan just looked so run down. The taxi was dirty. We boarded the ship as soon as we could which was 11am
    View All 3,924 San Juan Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's San Juan Cruise Port Review
  • St. Croix
    Not a lot to do in port. My wife and I went to Sandcastle at the Beach at got a day pass. 2 chairs for $ 10 and free wifi. People say it is a half mile walk, but it was really probably a mile. Not a bad walk though unless you are just too lazy.
    View All 429 St. Croix Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's St. Croix Cruise Port Review
  • St. Kitts (Port Zante)
    We only went shopping in Bassatere. There a lot of taxi drivers offering tours. They were a little pushy. Even the employees at the stores jumped all over you. If you just pick up a shirt they are telling you what sizes and colors they have. You want to tell them to settle down.

We have spent a couple weeks on this island a few years back. The island is very pretty and the locals are rather nice. If you get a chance go to Brimstone Hill Fort and Romney manor.
    View All 1,752 St. Kitts (Port Zante) Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's St. Kitts (Port Zante) Cruise Port Review
  • St. Maarten
    We took a water taxi over to Philipsburg ($ 7 per person round trip). We asked a a local taxi driver about going to the French side of the island for patries. He suggested Orient Beach as they had great pastry. He first showed us a beach bar to go to and said they had free wifi. He even told us the password and reminded us it was written down. He then took us to Yellow Sub café for our pastries. We asked if he could come back in 4 hours to take us back to Philipsburg. He agreed and we saw him later. The pastry was amazing. We then walked Orient Beach with a surprise to my wife that it was clothing optional. One side of the beach ladies may be topless. The other side full nude if you want. The water was beautiful and the wind was nice. It was hot though, so make sure you bring a swim shirt to protect your shoulders.
    View All 4,822 St. Maarten Cruise Port Reviews