• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Review for AmaSonata to Europe River
L&K
2-5 Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Oct 2015
Cabin: Outside stateroom with fixed window

I don't know where to begin! From the moment we arrived until the day we left, every single thing was absolutely perfect.

The staff were wonderful. By the end of the cruise, we were sad to leave as we felt like we were leaving our family behind. Lissa was our cruise director and she is wonderful! I wish I could remember all their names but every single crew member we encountered was warm and friendly from the captain on down to housekeeping.

The food was amazing. The BEST food we have ever had on any vacation. My husband and I are vegan and the chef had at least 2 choices for us every evening. Our food was so delicious and looked so amazing that others at our table started asking for the vegan options instead of the meat options for their dinners every evening.

Outside stateroom with fixed window

Cabin D

The cabin is tiny. My husband and I had to coordinate our movements with each other to maneuver around each other to go to the bathroom, exit the room, etc. We normally stay in rooms with balconies but none were available. We were disappointed at first; however we were never in our room and to take full advantage of the scenery, you need to be up on the sundeck in order to witness the beautiful towns along the way on each side of the river.

The major drawback to this room is going up and down the stairs as the staircase is circular so the stairs are not very wide. If you had a few too many drinks in the lounge, you may have trouble getting down to your room!

Port Reviews

Budapest

Great tour of both side of Buda and Pest!

Bratislava

We had a walking tour with a wonderful guide.

Vienna

Informative and we were able to see a lot of the city.

Vienna

This was my least favorite tour. It was boring and we left before it was halfway through and took advantage of the extra time to walk the beautiful grounds.

Vienna

It was part of the city bus tour - we walked and rode the bus as well.

Melk

What a beautiful abbey! I only wish we would have arrived earlier in the day to explore Melk and also go to the Abbey.

Durnstein (Krems)

We hiked up to the ruins with our guide and afterwards spent time in the village. This was my favorite tour as I loved going into all the shops.

Linz (Salzburg)

This was my second favorite tour. Cesky Krumlov, Czech Republic is a medieval town that is absolutely picturesque.

Passau

We walked around Passau on our own. My husband had read about the St. Stephen's cathedral having the largest pipe organ outside the U.S. so we set off to find it. There were no signs and nobody to ask on where to find it. My husband decided to open "the oldest door I could find" and WOW we could not believe our eyes!

4 Helpful Votes