3. Pacific Eden
The Pacific Eden is a lovely ship, with very spacious cabins, and luxurious bedding. This ship was a treat to move around, and all of the entertainment and dining areas were very well appointed. Some real blessings on this ship is that it is easy to find where your going, and has a bright and inviting feel. The floor shows were well presented, and very professional, and the bed in our cabin was the best and most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. These were the good points to mention, as I came aboard expecting to have a very poor experience, based on the many poor reviews this ship has received since it arrived onto the P&O fleet. Embarkation onto this ship was horrible in Melbourne, and it took us over two hours to get onboard from arrival at 12 noon. Why P&O don't recognise our Platinum status and priority Boarding with Princess, is just crazy? I feel this ship lacks good leadership, as customer service is atrocious on this ship, and staff seem to be going through the motions, and performing well below par. For starters, I never once met our cabin boy, and he never made any effort to meet with us, and he just never seemed to be around. Our cabin was always kept clean and tidy, so I do know he was around from time to time. Word of warning, upon arrival into our cabin, there was a very well presented robe and slipper package left on the bed, giving the impression it was complimentary with the cabin, and packaged as a take home pack, but if you turn over this package, there is a difficult to read note attached, stating that these goods would be charged to your account if it was taken home. The Main Dining room we were not impressed with, and the choices on the menu were poor, all meals arrived lukewarm, and lacked vegetables, also Ice cream was delivered to the table already melted. The staff were never engaging and showed no personality. Waiter staff asked to take my wife's cruise card back to the bar, just to confirm to them that she had the soft drink package sticker already attached. On day two we attended the Specialty Asian Restaurant and found the experience was better dining, however the portions were very small, and again the menu seemed lacking very much in choice. On day 3 we attended the Italian Speciality Restaurant, and believed this as being the best dining experience on the ship. This area seemed well managed, and the staff were engaging and friendly. Tender disembarkation, was just horrible on this ship, and it took well over 90 mins from receiving a tender ticket, before we were herded onto a tender. Staff were very sharp with their instructions, and the experience was not pleasant at all. Because of the delays getting passengers onto Kangaroo Island even the all day onboard tours were delayed in getting back to the ship by over an hour. So as you can see, customer service is very poor, and it all seems to stem from their Management right the way through to the staff. This is a shame as the Eden is really a beautiful ship in my eyes. One of the highlights for me, was viewing the floor show "Side Show Alley", which was one of the most entertaining shows I have ever seen on a cruise ship, and all of the entertainment was of a very high quality. Disembarkation was quick and without any issues. In summary, the Pacific Eden, will continue to get bad wraps, until Management take control of their customer service, and poor communication skills. The staff need to be more open and engaging, and the meals need to be delivered hot and tasty, all around the ship. Would I go back onto the Eden, yes I would, because when they get their customer service under control, this ship will shoot straight up onto the P&O leaderboard. What P&O need to do is recognise long term loyal passengers from their sister companies, and provide priority boarding along with the very few VIP guests they offer per cruise.

Requires Much Improved Management & Training.

Pacific Eden Cruise Review by 2903happy

Disembarkation was quick and without any issues.

2903happy’s Full Rating Summary
Get P&O Australia Pacific Eden price drops

Cabin was spacious and the bed was very comfortable. Cabin was always kept clean and tidy, and the window provided a pleasant view and natural cabin light.

• Kangaroo Island
    This lovely Island is a very pleasant stop for a day, and a planned tour is definitely the best way to experience the Island and all of its treasures. For those not taking a tour, you can take a free shuttle from the tender drop off point, which circles the local town and stops off at a craft and food market place set up on a sporting ground. This free shuttle can complete the round trip within 20 mins, however it is best to break your journey, with a stop off a the craft market.
    View All 27 Kangaroo Island Cruise Port Reviews