3. Britannia
Had been looking forward to a break, flew from Bournemouth Dreamliner up-grade for extra leg room..... my husband enjoys a G & T inflight only 6 cans Tonic on board for the whole plane. Arrived Barbados smooth transfer, strange boarding left to find own way to cabin. Cabin steward Lourenzo greeted us with smile and welcome. Did not experience any problems with lifts, ship is large so you will always need to walk. Cabin D612 adequate. Freedom dining: Meridian as long as willing to share a table usually able to sit down without waiting, occasionally issued with a bleeper 10min. max wait. Usually liked to go in for dinner 7.45pm ish. Food lacked flavour, imagination. Horizon: Ate here for breakfast. Would have liked to see a better variety of fruit - what happened to grapes? Coffee = brown liquid. (was this because they want you to buy coffee from Costa & Market Cafe). Lunch: geared for those wanting quantity. Beach Cafe: ok Sindu: Good Epicurean: over priced. Shows: As many have said the Headliners not big enough, or need another showing 3 not 2. No seats if you tried to get into the 10.30pm show at 10.15pm. Entertainment team perhaps need to look a little more closely at schedules. Excursions: Barbados: City walk good. St Lucia: Rainforest slightly disappointed after long climb up, no view over tree tops just a seat looking at cable car docking station.. Not circular walk, same way up-down. Porta Delgado Azores: Countryside & Wine Tasting: Expensive and disappointing not what I had expected. Wine & Cheese took place in hotel on harbour side opposite ship, no atmosphere, no information, & miserable staff. We took a horse & buggy ride in the morning with a very kindly gentleman who gave us a very informative excursion around the town. Overall I'm not at the moment thinking about booking another P&O Cruise, feel I paid an entrance fee to get on the ship and from then on asked for ££££. I will add I cruised 15years ago on the Arcadia which I enjoyed & have cruised with other shipping lines.

Ok BUT......

Britannia Cruise Review by Saltertongirl

• Sail Date: March 2016
  • Destination: Caribbean

Beach Cafe: ok Sindu: Good Epicurean: over priced.

Entertainment team perhaps need to look a little more closely at schedules.

Excursions: Barbados: City walk good.

Saltertongirl’s Full Rating Summary