Voyager Cruise Review

Do not do it.

Voyager Cruise Review by Lorna van Zyl

• Sail Date: Jan 2016
  • Destination: the Panama Canal & Central America

My reason for doing this trip was to see exotic out of the way places, other ships cannot get to.

Because I was a late booker, I was given a bottom deck cabin, size for single person OK, but Oh! so tired and old looking, with cleanliness issues.

Passengers nice & friendly. Food very nice with good service, I liked the open sittings.

We missed two countries altogether, as the "ship that can go places others cannot", could not get into them. There were already 3 sea days, so this ended as 5 sea days.

The two excursions in Costa Rica were a huge disappointment, saw so very little of bird life. I saw more on the dockside at Cartagena. The trips should never have been offered at the time of day we were taken out. Another trip was not as described.

This trip ended up as 7 wasted days. This ship is not the one to be on, if you want a good variety of entertainment and swish accommodation, when the excursions are below par and so few of them.

Could have done with more deck games and activities. Otherwise you had to have the inevitable quiz or guest speakers and Port lectures which were not always very interesting or engaging.

Shall not be doing this cruise line again. I feel I wasted my money.

Lorna van Zyl's Full Rating Summary

Cabin OST-OUTSIDE-STANDARD 2211

Sad, outdated, not as clean as it should have been. Disappointing. As a single person in a double room I did have enough space. Two people would have struggled, there was only one chair and no room for a second.

Lorna van Zyl