3. Norwegian Escape
The Norwegian Escape is a BEAUTIFUL ship. Coming from Disney Cruisers, we were worried that we spoiled our kids too much with the luxury of Disney's expensive cruises but we learned this was just as good, if not even better than Disney. I'll go by the pros and cons. CONS: -The Aqua Park was really fun, but my son learned you must be 99 lbs to get on the Aqua Loops. He had been waiting a LONG time to get on the slides, and he didn't weigh enough. The website does NOT tell you this minimum weight limit and that can be a real downer for someone looking forward to Aqua Park who doesn't weigh over 100 lbs. -The room we stayed in had a pull-out couch that turned into a bed. We learned that once they changed it into a bed, it stayed that way for THE REST OF THE CRUISE. They never changed it back to a couch. It wasn't that big of a deal but it would have been nice to have the couch. -The TV Channels were not very selective. I know TV is the one thing we shouldn't need on a cruise ship but we ended up using ours for quite some time. They had some sports channels and news channels. They also had a free movie channel and Favorite TV Show Channel. It's not like what it sounds like. The movies and shows were random. I could be watching an episode of Mike and Molly, and then the next show on would be Jake and the Neverland Pirates. It was inconsistent. The same shows and movies also played many times over again in the 7 days on the ship. Each movie played atleast twice, and each episode of a show would play atleast 4 times. (for example the same episode from Jake and the Neverland Pirates would play over the 7 day cruise.) The movies were good though. Most were major movies, like Maleficent. We watched some movies I thought I would never find interesting, like Big Eyes. PROS: -The food was amazing. I've heard a lot about Norwegian's food being bad, but the food on this ship was perfect. You could get an exotic Cuban meal or a burger with fries. They had everything to eat. The food and drinks in the Garden Cafe could be brought to your room or to the poolside, which was nice. BTW, you don't have to pay for the drinks in the Garden Cafe, but there is no soda. I think the best you could get was lemonade, which was very good. -The layout of the ship was pretty good. We learned where everything was pretty quickly. -The Freestyle Dining was a good idea. The kids ate at the Garden Cafe every night because they didn't want to do any fancy eating. We went out to the fancy restaurants while the kids did what they wanted, which was usually watch a movie in the room. -Embarkation and Disembarkation were both simple and easy. It was more organized than Disney, where they would send you on whenever and send you all off before a specific time. -Shore excursions were fun. We enjoyed all the islands. Nassau will always be our favorite. -The room was larger than we expected and it had 2 TVs. It had a divider so the kids slept with their TV on one side of the room while we slept on the other side of the room with ours.

Great Cruise! (WILL SAIL WITH NORWEGIAN AGAIN)

Norwegian Escape Cruise Review by SpiritAnimal

CONS:

PROS:

SpiritAnimal’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 10 to 12
Get Norwegian Escape price drops

• Ardastra Gardens
    The tour was so beautiful, and the animals in the gardens were stunning. The whole island was amazing.
    View All 63 Ardastra Gardens Reviews
  • Coral World Tour
    Coral World was a fun place. It was small but they had some shows and cool areas. The animals were very interesting.
    View All 73 Coral World Tour Reviews
  • Open-Air Safari Tour
    This excursion was fun. We got on the tour bus and the ride was crazy. When we got to the beach, they basically stranded us there with other people until they returned with the buses 3 hours later, and the kids got pretty bored after swimming for about 30 minutes. The area was beautiful though.
    View All 11,857 Open-Air Safari Tour Reviews