• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

First Time Cruiser • Age 50s

Sail Date: Mar 2016
Cabin: Mid-Ship Balcony Stateroom
Traveled with children

Returned today from a cruise to the Bahamas. Embarkation was very smooth. First off the ship is beautiful! We had mid ship balcony cabin and it was perfect. We sailed with multi generations and everyone enjoyed themselves. This was my first cruise so I really did not know what to expect and had nothing to compare it to. Unfortunately we left in bad weather so the first night and second day were rough but the rest of the trip was smooth sailing. The staff was excellent at communicating to the passengers during this time and very reassuring.

We decided to stay on the ship when it was docked in Florida so I can't say how that port was. The waves were too rough for the tender boats so we could not get onto the private island which was a HUGE disappointment! The entertainment was good, the food OK. The best meals were at the specialty dining restaurants but there were additional costs to eat there . The complimentary dining rooms offered the same menus at each of them with some new choices nightly. Most meals we ate at the Garden Cafe. It was very good. I was hoping for a midnight buffet which I have always heard about but they do not do that.

I was not happy about the size of the main pool. The bars are literally a few steps away and for the amount of people on the boat that area is way too small. Plus they did not endorse adults only in that area for the entire time. The kids had the hot tubs from morning to late at night even though it was clearly marked adults only. They really do cater to the kids on this ship which is great for the parents.

Mid-Ship Balcony Stateroom

Port Reviews

Nassau

Great day by the pool and beach!

New York (Manhattan)

We live local so did not do anything special in the city.

Port Canaveral (Orlando)

We decided to stay on the ship that day.

Great Stirrup Cay

Big disappointment-could not get on the island

Find a Norwegian Breakaway Cruise from $496