Splendour of the Seas Cruise Review

Splendour of the Seas Cruise Review by Skindiver65

• Sail Date: Mar 2016
  • Destination: the Middle East
  • Cabin Type: Large Ocean View Stateroom

The good things about this ship:

Room is of good size with plenty of sorage space. We were lucky to choose a balcony at the very back of the ship with enough space for a table, 3 sitting chairs and two lounge chairs.

The Chops Grill on this ship was my best dining venue on all my cruiselines and I've taken mostly more upscale than This one. Should I end up on another RCCL voyage And it's at par to this one I will spend most of my meals there.

Excursions (Persian Golf cruise) were great and affordable.

The ship is retiring in a few weeks!

And now for the not so good news.

Oftentimes we could smell the sewage on most of the starboard side of the ship. Fortunately our area was spared, but for most people it definitely was a nuisance.

Our toilet system broke down on every single day, although we never used anything but tissue paper as what was asked. They came twice in the week to the entire mechanism but it work for maybe an hour ans would break up again. We ended up using the public toilets most of the time.

Aside from Chops Grill, food is very dissapointing, but then, I am accustomed to better cruiselines.

Level of service in restaurants vary a lot, this is especially true in the Windjammer Cafe where you do not have an assigned waiter.

This is the first time in all my cruises that I was not able to get a table for 2. Those are very rare so don't even hope for it.

Skindiver65's Full Rating Summary