3. Carnival Imagination
My family and I have cruised on carnival before so I had some expectations about this particular cruise line. Embarkation was a breeze .. We paid extra for the faster to the fun (FTTF) and I thought it was worth the $49 per cabin. It made debarkation easy as well. When first boarding at 12:30 we were funneled through to the mail deck which was incredibly small and nothing special. We proceeded to our room which had our luggage already waiting for us (also a perk of the FTTF fee) we unpacked and settled in to taking a tour of the ship. After 5 minutes we had walked the front to the back. Wait, where's the rest of the ship I asked my husband.. This ship is tiny. There are 11 decks, but none of them offered anything spectacular. There was duty free shopping but that was IT. no place to buy a lanyard, a coffee cup, a souvenir at all. I asked some of the employees who looked at me strangely and pointed to the front of the ship. But I had already looked. They didn't even have Dramamine?? 1/2 way through the cruise they sent a notice out that they would be closing the shopping for the second half of our 4 day cruise. Well that was a bust. Everything was taped off and Windows covered so even if I wanted to purchase a $200 bottle of liquor I couldn't. The accommodations were just ok. We had an ocean view room and the very back of the ship (more on that later) My kids were in an interior cabin which was the same size. It was fine for 4 nights, any longer than that and I would have booked them an ocean view room. The food was TERRIBLE! Buffet was disgusting. The pizza was pretty good but honestly how can you mess that up. The dining room dinner was ok. Not amazing but just ok. We opted to eat breakfast in the dining room on our last day and that was better than anything else you could find on the Lido deck. Ok here's where it gets interesting. Going to Catalina and Ensenada was great. The ship was a little bumpy but not unexpected. Our sea day was Horrific. It was so bad that there were barf bags placed at every elevator. My husband spent the entire day in bed. You could not walk straight even if you tried. And the noise was terrible. I woke several times every evening/morning to the ship shaking horribly. I will never ever book a room in the back of the ship. The destinations were just ok. I had never been to Catalina and I suggest that you rent a golf cart for 2 hours to explore the island. It's small but fun. My teens had a blast. Ensenada was ok. I had been before about 20 years ago. Things have changed but it's still Mexico. Nothing pretty, nothing fancy and you can buy a lot of stuff you don't need. We did the tour to La Bufadora but we did not book through carnival. We paid $15 bucks for a 2 hour drive and 1.5 hr tour once you get there. It's worth it for that but anything more it's just too much to pay. Ive been back for 2 days now .. And I'm still rocking like I was on the ship. Lord help me.

Meh. Just ok.

Ashackelford19’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Imagination price drops

Ocean View
Cabin 6B M268
Ok. We were on the end which was nice but it was extremely rocky. Decent size.
Main Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins