• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Deals

Carnival Breeze Review

Editor Rating
13 Awards

Loved it, beautiful ship!

Review for Carnival Breeze to the Southern Caribbean
tjn
6-10 Cruises • Age 2020s

Sail Date: Mar 2016
Cabin: Balcony
Traveled with children
This is me and my daughters favorite part of the cruise, just sitting

Our cabin was beautiful, plenty of room for 2 adults and 1 "child" (he is 14, but 6'2"!) We enjoyed the sports deck and the multitude of things to do each day. The food, as always, was excellent. I have never had a complaint about Carnival's food. The only problem is, which one should I eat? Great variety! Guy's Burgers were SO yummy, we usually headed there instead of the Marketplace for lunch. The Mexican cafe's tacos and burritos were excellent also.

Our room steward was amazing. He took care of all requests without hesitancy. The room was so clean! My private balcony is my favorite part of any cruise, and this time they had a straight back chair, and a chair that lies flat, so I actually was able to take a pillow and beach towel out there and take a nap, waking to the sight of that beautiful ocean! Dinner was also excellent, the waiters were attentive. Mike, the cruise director, was such fun! He is totally crazy (in a good way, of course) and kept us laughing. The different Trivia shows became my favorites, as Mike was always there making us laugh... a lot!

Unfortunately, the evening "main" shows were not so great, so we started skipping them. Not a big deal, as there are so many other things to do. Also, embarkation was kind of weird. Why did they make us rush and worry that we would get there exactly between 11-11:30am, only to be made to sit and wait for another 45 minutes before we could go on board? Didn't like that either!

Balcony

Cabin 8D

Very nice, clean, no problems at all. My grandson is 6'2" but is still considered a child. The open couch he slept on was very uncomfortable, and too short. The mattress was hard, but our steward added some extra cushioning for him and it was much better.

Port Reviews

Grand Turk

Very small boat, rough water, no safety talks, never told where the life vests are, had to hang on so tight, thought I was going overboard! Only saw distant whale backs as they surfaced, maybe 2. Very expensive. The only one who had a shady spot was the captain. Got very sunburned. Miserable tour, way too much $$.

La Romana (Casa de Campo)

Great tour, great price, included speedboat ride to and from the island, delicious lunch, snorkeling, lots of fun!

Aruba

Sail and Snorkel tour, on a catamaran. Good price. Beautiful boat, very large, lots of room for everyone. The staff was great, I noticed how watchful they were of all of us when we were out snorkeling. The best part was when they turned off the engines and the sails filled with wind, and we truly "sailed" ... it was so beautiful. Beautiful water!

Miami

how can I rate an excursion if I didn't take one?

6 Helpful Votes