3. Norwegian Dawn
Celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary, we dropped the kids with grandmas and took off for a week of being adults and remembering why we fell in love in the first place. I have been on several cruises with Carnival (7), Princess (2), and this was my second on NCL. Overall this was a very good cruise. Ports were entertaining and diverse, food was good, staff was friendly. I might have wished for an extra sea day, but having one at the front and one at the back was good, and I liked having 4 ports. Compared to Carnival, there is not as much emphasis on comedy, which I missed. Shows were similar, and deck parties are a little more over the top than Carnival. We especially enjoyed the diversity in eating establishments. My favorite was Moderno (the Brazilian Steakhouse), while my DW enjoyed Bamboo (Asian). The ship is a little on the tired side, but is going in for a drydock in May, when it reportedly get all new carpets, brass, and lots more. They talked about moving restaurants around, but essentially keeping the same selection. They also said something about adding cabins, which I am not sure how they could do. The biggest detraction from the cruise was the combination of Spring Break, an economical cruise, promotions that included unlimited beverages (which we also had), the ability to get drinks at only age 18 while at sea with a note from your parents , and only 22 bartenders on the whole ship. These combined to make getting drinks extremely difficult. We avoided trying to get drinks on the top decks (anywhere where there was sun) as the wait was often long, and bikini-clad spring breakers didn't seem to care who had been waiting how long, muscling their way to the front. We learned to stay on lower decks to get drinks. Gatsby's on deck 6 was one good place, and when it was open, the Moderno bar on 8 was rarely populated. Bartenders were very good, but terribly overworked. Hopefully one or more of the conditions listed above will change for next year! Yes, next year, despite the drink challenge, we booked the same cruise for next year, this time with the family and grandma!

Very Good Cruise, Despite Spring Break Inebriation

RV-at-Sea’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Dawn price drops

Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin MB 11080
Room is just as wide as a normal balcony cabin, but longer by about 10 feet or so. This affords room for a tub/shower combo, enough room beyond the bed for a couch instead of just a chair (with a curtain that could divide the room), and a deeper balcony. These rooms are under an overhang so not as much direct sun (or rain) on the balcony and no one can see from above. Doors are sliding glass doors, which allowed for door to be open late at night to get sea sounds. Being on 11th floor, these are right under the pool deck, and during parties, there was quite a bit of bass thump (with the door open you can even tell what song it is). Also, this room is under where the tables are for outdoor dining, so promptly at 6:10 every morning there was the scooting and clopping of tables and chairs being arranged (woke me up but not my DW). Being 1 floor down from Topsider bar and the buffet was nice.
Deck 11 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins