Norwegian Star Cruise Review

Disappointed

Norwegian Star Cruise Review by judygolfing

• Sail Date: Mar 2016
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean

We returned on March 20, 2016 from the Star.

The embarkation was fine, got to our room and typically the room steward is around to introduce himself. He was not there, in fact we never saw him the whole week on the cruise. Not even a clue as to his name. I have never had this happen before. The room was kept up, and I left notes and he brought what we needed, but it was just weird. The couch in the room was just about threadbare.

During the emergency drill we had a crew member that told everyone to be quiet and if they did not comply they would be taken to the bridge or worse, he just kept yelling. It was so rude. He was part of the cruise directors staff, have never encountered this before, on any of our cruises.

The water taxi service was AWFUL...the first day 2 boats did not work, so they were down to 2 for the whole ship. The second day, we sat on the stairwell with VIP tickets to get off for over 40 minutes. There was a medical emergency, which if we had been told it would have been helpful. When I mentioned that to one of the staff she got so crabby, when I said the communication was not very good, she accused me of saying I could not understand her English. No, that was not the case, the point is if customers are informed of the situation, it is handled much better. Information can be priceless in these situations.

We had the UBP, that is kind of a joke. The drinks are watered down, and good luck trying to get waited on. Anytime something was going happening on the Lido Deck, they would have 2 bartenders and long lines trying to get a beverage. If you tried to sit at a bar, you were told to get in line first to order your drink.

I took my family of 11 on this trip and will be on this ship again in June for about one month, I sure hope things improve.

I have taken several cruises on NCL and this was by far the worst of all of them.

judygolfing's Full Rating Summary