3. Celebrity Equinox
The Equinox is the prettiest ship I have sailed on. After 3 cruises aboard Voyager and Brilliance class ships in the RCCl, we cruised last year aboard a solsticized Celebrity Millennium ship and now this cruise, on the Equinox. Pretty may not be the best word but it fits this ship's spa-themed decor. The other word would be serene. The general feeling is one of relaxation throughout all of its public and private rooms. There are no gaudy, primary-coloured, gold-leafed embellishments and your general impression after boarding her is that it's all aqua, turquoise and blues. It isn't, of course, but that's what it feels like - being at a spa. A special mention: there is no doubt in my mind that the Martini Bar is the best bar at sea (and the Cruise Critic awards seem to concur) because it is always busy and quite the hub during sea days. The flair shows are well-done and the bartenders have obviously been hand-picked for their skills at entertaining. Given that Celebrity leads the industry in its class of ships by including beverage packages in their pricing, they have backed it up by paying special attention to providing more than the usual bunch of bars with overstuffed chairs and gaudy decor that I have seen in other ships. Well-done Celebrity! The World Class Bar gets a special runner-up prize (and it's less busy, for the quieter moments of a cruise). Celebrity staff are uniformly happy and uniformly excellent at providing good, efficient and personal service. Little unexpected touches, like having a favourite cocktail waiting at your dining table for when you sit down. Chilling your glass and red wine because your sommelier overheard the mention in table conversation. That is the high-class service that goes over and above the expectations of today's service in this category of cruising but it makes such a difference in the client's overall experience. Celebrity gets so many things right. Celebrity has also got other things right, in my mind. Gone is the hoakey (and humiliating) dining room singsong at the end of the cruise that always felt like a dog and pony show. I want to know the staff is respected and well-treated. They are in the service industry, not the entertainment industry. Gone also is the midnight buffet, thankgod. There's enough over-eating done without wasting all that food on a buffet that no one needs. Instead, Celebrity has put its resources and energy behind perfecting its service standards and it shows. Many others will review rooms, value and entertainment but I give it all a top rating. The only thing I found wanting were the choice of excursions; too heavy on snorkeling and beach breaks. I'm a dive instructor, so I obviously have nothing against snorkeling and beaches, but it would be nice to have better choices with regard to cultural and touring experiences. I had to rely on island tour companies twice in a 10-day cruise to get the tour we wanted. Enjoyed the ship, enjoyed the service, I will definitely enjoy sailing with Celebrity again ... my 2018 cruise was booked on board.

Everything a person could want in a cruise; 10 day cruise Mar 2016.

Celebrity Equinox Cruise Review by havcamwiltravel

• Sail Date: March 2016
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Veranda (partially obstructed view)

havcamwiltravel’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Equinox price drops

Deluxe Veranda (partially obstructed view)
Cabin 2C 6150
Excellent overall. Nicely positioned, close to aft elevator and nice & low in the ship. Quiet.
Continental Deck Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins