• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Copperhead76
2-5 Cruises • Age 40s

Sail Date: Mar 2016
Cabin: Junior Suite with Balcony

I can't call myself a cruise critic, but I love to cruise. As of this review, I've been on 4 cruises in 3 years time. The first 3 cruises were with Carnival. For this first cruise on Royal Caribbean we chose to go for the shortest cruise we've been on. I liked that even though we were on a 3 day cruise, we made 2 port stops. Most other lines I saw had only 1 port for 3 days. We chose a Junior Suite. Although this was the first suite we've booked, it will not be the last. I have always traveled the day or so before and stayed overnight so as not to miss the ship. We drove to Orlando the day before and stayed at a Radisson Hotel just off Disney property. The "we" I mention is my wife and me. We traveled with 2 very good friends. Both couples had Jr. Suites.

The 3 day cruise on the Enchantment of the Seas began with the usual check in which was very smooth. We had the opportunity to take the standard "welcome aboard" picture. What stood out about this was that we could choose not to take the picture. The cruises I've been on previously have pushed the pictures very hard and made it feel like we had to take the pictures, whether or not we wanted to be photographed. We had many opportunities to take pictures, but we never felt pushed to be photographed.

Upon boarding, I found the staff appearing to be happy to be on the ship. I'm not talking about just the entertainment staff, I mean all of them. We went to the Windjammer Buffet right away. The wait staff was quick and friendly. The food was adequate.

Junior Suite with Balcony

Cabin JS

It was very roomy and had a sitting area which had room for 4 to sit comfortably. We had a large balcony which was perfect for eating a room service meal. There was a support pole in our room, against the bottom left of the bed, about 6-12" from the edge of the bed. I've read several reviews about these poles in some rooms. The pole didn't bother us, but did get some comments from our travel companions who, coincidentally didn't have a pole. The pole was well padded and didn't pose a safety hazard to bare toes. This room had a tub in the bathroom and was well equipped. I'm used to there being a soap dispenser in the shower on cruise ships for guest use. There was one in this shower, but it appeared to only contain water. However, there were shower gel and shampoo/conditioner bottles provided on the counter. These were replaced by the steward as needed.

Port Reviews

Nassau

Great tour. Wonderful staff. Great for kids and adults. Coco was our wonderful guide.

Perfect Day at CocoCay

Nice island. Great service. Water temperature a bit too cool for full immersion in the water.

Orlando (Port Canaveral)

Stayed in a hotel not associated with the cruise. Great embarkation process here. We were on the ship in less than 30 minutes.

Find an Enchantment of the Seas Cruise from $370