3. Ruby Princess
This was our first time cruising with Princess! The ship is simply stunning and is laid out very well. We had a balcony stateroom on the Lido deck that was simply marvelous. The closet configuration is fabulous! It's almost set up like a walk in closet. There is plenty of space for clothes and suitcases. The bathroom is supplied with shampoo, conditioner, soap, and lotion for the spa. Also, you can request robes from your room stewart; they are plush! The tv's are equipped with quite a few good channels...news...sports..and several current movie channels for kids, adults, etc. The common areas of the ship were absolutely stunning! The decor is very grand; nothing is gaudy or taken over the top. We were very pleased with the dining room food selections. The buffet is good but very typical. There is plenty of seating with great views! The wait staff is extremely efficient even during the dining peak hours. I highly recommend eating at Sabatini's. Yes, there is a cover charge but it is well worth it! You will be fed more food then you can possibly eat, and it is all scrumptious! The wait staff is extremely friendly but also gives you privacy. I have a garlic allergy and the chef actually prepared from scratch the main courses I wanted garlic-free. I was extremely impressed! The pool area is fabulous! The lounge chairs are extremely "cushiony", the movies under the stars are fantastic- they play even during the day. I would recommend checking out the spa. While prices are steep, you can get discounts while the ship is in port. I highly recommend the bamboo massage; they roll pieces of bamboo on your muscles and it works out all sorts of knots! It's a unique and memorable experience. My husband and I are gym rats and were quite pleased with the fitness selection and classes. The yoga class was quite simple...nothing advanced.

Ruby Princess: Simply Fab!

Ruby Princess Cruise Review by yogatravel

yogatravel’s Full Rating Summary
Rates
Get Ruby Princess price drops

Great closet, lots of hanging space and plenty of room for shoes and suitcases! The balcony is great but you could also see the people on deck sailing so not 100% privacy.
  Ruby Princess Deck Plans

• Cozumel
    The shopping is fairly good in Cozumel. The best part is all of the shopping is directly off the ship for those who don't want to venture very far. There is no ATM located in the shopping area; it is offsite. Also, the pharmacy does not accept debit or credit cards so be prepared to have cash. We opted to pay a shuttle to take us to Paradise Beach. Your only financial obligation is to purchase $10 worth or food and/or drinks per person. They provide you with lounge chairs, restrooms, kayaks, and ocean "toys" (trampolines, etc). The water was gorgeous and the beach was ample. I believe it was about $15 each was as a couple to and from the property and is about a 10 minute drive.
    View All 6,705 Cozumel Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Cozumel Cruise Port Review
  • Grand Cayman (Georgetown)
    Grand Cayman has gorgeous water if you go to the right areas. I was worried for senior citizens getting onto the tenders. The water was quite rough, and "walking" onto the tender from the ship caused a number of people to stumble and run into the iron benches. We opted for the Stingray City excursion through Princess. It was a highlight of the trip! The tour guides were extremely personable and professional. The water was amazing out there and the stingrays were like puppy dogs! The shopping is high price!
    View All 3,396 Grand Cayman (Georgetown) Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Grand Cayman (Georgetown) Cruise Port Review
  • Nassau
    We actually went to Princess Cays, the private island owned by Princess. It was gorgeous water and beaches. There are vendors selling goods randomly throughout the island. The buffet was good...lots of fresh fruit. The water was superb for snorkeling. The cruise line provides hundreds if not thousands of lounge chairs so no need to rush! I will say the souvenirs are not nearly as neat as they were on the other islands. If you want true, authentic island goods Cozumel and Ocho Rios provided the best selection.
    View All 5,884 Nassau Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Nassau Cruise Port Review
  • Ocho Rios
    We loved Ocho Rios! And we were quite skeptical of the island due to bad publicity and rumors from friends. We took the Princess/Sandals excursion and stayed at the Sandals Dunns River Falls resort for the day. The food was superb! The drinks were amazing. And the water and pools were stunning. We spent quite a bit of time just relaxing. Also to the side of the property are locals selling goods from their tin sheds. We spent about 2 hours over there just talking with them and shopping their goods. Meeting them was a highlight of the trip. The items were also MUCH cheaper then in town. We did go into the Taj Mahal shopping area and felt rather unsafe so we immediately headed back to the ship. Look for water color paintings of the local area! They are about $15 and are frame-worthy.
    View All 1,047 Ocho Rios Cruise Port Reviews