• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Excursions

Emerald Princess Review

Editor Rating
7 Awards

First time on Princess...with Spring Breakers... on the Lido Deck L102!

Review for Emerald Princess to the Caribbean
cac971
2-5 Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Mar 2016
Cabin: Oceanview (obstructed view)

All in all, a very nice time! The Spring Breakers were partying up a storm, but never got obnoxious or intrusive...there were just ...em...a LOT of them. That being said, it was my bad for not taking this into consideration; my kids are grown and Spring Break hasn't been an issue for a number of years, so...oh well. I'll know better next time.

We stayed on the Lido Deck (15) in L102 - pretty much directly on the center point of the bow...AND IT WAS FABULOUS!!! OMG - I will never stay in the lower decks again after this! Lido is where it is all happening, and I didn't have to wait for elevators, etc. Just walk out of the room, and BAM! ALL the fun! Didn't feel any ship sway, slept like a BABY and zero overhead noise!

The upcharge restaurants (Crown Grill and Gastro Pub - did not do Share) were well worth it, but the Dining room selections were meh, and so was the Horizon Ct buffet. Food does not seem to be the star on Princess as it is on other lines.

Oceanview (obstructed view)

Cabin OV

The cabin was kinda small, but there was plenty of room for my DH and I, the shower was miniscule, tho. DH is a big guy and not a lot of room to maneuver around.

Booked this trip for March 2016 in Oct 2015 and ordered bottled water, robes and fruit - none were there, had to call for it the second day. Tiny fridge did not work the entire time, even tho we called for maintenance, so we drank the water warm...a tiny bummer in the great scheme of things.

We had "obstructed" view, but the only obstruction was the deck - no machinery or lifeboats - couldn't see anything over the rail, but who cares? We didn't spend much time in the cabin anyway, and it was nice to have the sunrise when we opened the curtains!

Room Service was prompt, the orders were correct and the coffee was nice and hot - Jaime was our young man and as sweet a guy as could be -He tiptoed in, set the tray down and said "Sit back down, Madam and Messire...I will serve you". So we did, and damn if that sweet kid didn't pour us coffee, fix plates of croissants with butter and jam, lay napkins on our laps and pour glasses of water!! Service above and beyond - We tipped him in cash, big time. Danilo was our steward, but we didn't see him; our cabin was cleaned and refreshed well, so we had no issues there.

Port Reviews

Grand Turk

awesome - so much fun!

Princess Cays

A beach party, fun if you are 20-ish, kinda boring if you are in your 50's.

Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades)

we flew in