3. Celebrity Equinox
We are experienced travelers having toured Asia, Europe, the Caribbean, and North America. It took my wife 20 years to get me back on another cruise after a Royal Caribbean trip on the Mexican Riviera. I would have skipped this had I known that the lines are affiliated. This is a real nickel and dime operation, with limited entertainment choices that ranged from fairly good to poor to highly offensive. They actually charged extra for some on board tours. We had a hard time finding the start of our orientation tour, as most of the staff didn't seem to know about it. When we found it, it had too many members to be useful. The library was very limited and almost useless. The daily news sheets were just okay. The ship is quiet, clean, modern, and well designed. Our cabin was excellent, with a reasonably sized deck. There was so much emphasis on selling alcohol, that even free drinks at the captain's reception were alcoholic. I could not get an alternative drink in spite of asking senior crew members. Children's needs for hydration were ignored. This is unhealthy and discriminatory. There are some facilities for teens and children but not enough to consider this vessel very family friendly. Decks around the pool were so crowded with side by side loungers that we did not use them or the pool. Walking around the decks for exercise was not enjoyable due to the three smoking zones. A greater variety of seminars would have been appreciated. Breakfasts and lunches were good, but service was mixed and menus a bit limited, making the buffet preferable. Fruit selections seemed too limited, for a tropical area. Dinners were outstanding. After sorting out a mistake with our reservation, we had an assigned table with two of the best servers we have ever had. Menus were ideal, having some standard items and a range of new ones each night. Each course was a delight. They were the highlight of the trip. We are not sure that the prepaid tip plan did the servers justice, even though we added to it. Other crew ranged from personable to indifferent. I felt sure that any suggestions would be either dismissed or ignored. Some excursions seemed contrived and over priced. I took every chance to get off and look around the islands, but it was a tedious experience. At least I learned that there are several islands that I do not want to see again. I hope to use quality all inclusive resorts as an alternative, in the future. I have been to many of these, as well as having vacationed in Hawaii for many years. Cruising is not for everybody, particularly on Celebrity.

Highs and Lows

Celebrity Equinox Cruise Review by mensa

The library was very limited and almost useless.

The daily news sheets were just okay.

A greater variety of seminars would have been appreciated.

Cruising is not for everybody, particularly on Celebrity.
mensa’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Equinox price drops

Well designed, comfortable, clean. Good balcony shape and size.
  Celebrity Equinox Deck Plans