Norwegian Star Cruise Review
2,612 Reviews

You pay your money you take your chance!!

Norwegian Star Cruise Review by Hellie24

• Sail Date: Mar 2016
  • Destination: the Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Aft-Facing Balcony

Mediocre Mayhem in March from NCL

We had a great deal on this cruise to destinations of choice to see things I wanted to see plus a free drinks package We anticipated families and children but not so many students on a "loveboat & booze fest" on USA spring break For Freestyle cruising read Butlins holiday camp at sea!

The destinations were wonderful but then that's why i chose the cruise Thankfully we managed to get off the ship at all ports including the two with tenders Rotan &Belize.Where NCL were inefficient and uncommunicative.I would not have liked to be asked to abandon ship in a hurry.I have tendered before and never had such poor service We almost missed both our excursions lady luck was on our side in that were joined a open tender at 745am and escaped before the mayhem where as the previous day we had group 3 tickets and took 1.5hours to get off making us an hour late for our excursion and cutting time off our planned activities

Mexico was much easier with walk off in port

Private self booked tours at three ports .Enjoyed cruise port At Costa Msya

Food was tasty in both main dinning room and buffet but often cold Buffet Breakfast and Lunch was good and options varried but repetitive

Standing in line for drinks was often the norm and in other areas lack of staff ensured those that were working were miserable and agresive with their service Not once did I feel special on this cruise.

Music was loud and intrusive in all areas It was very much like an 18-30s club all week Though theatre showscwere more traditional format

I'm not a party pooper but some areas of quite would have been refreshing The beer garden did provided this but there was no atmosphere you felt staff had drawn short straw to be working there in an evening and just wanted to clock off.The Gatsby's bar was smokey from the nearby casino.

Smoking area as always on the ships were undercover!! explain that to me and the promenade deck area for smokers couldn't have been more unwelcoming I am not a smoker, my travel companion was, but they pay the same as every one else at at least could have somewhere to sit and smoke in comfort.The promenade deck had a total of six deck chairs all week.The non smoking side had dechairs and sunloungers provided.

The ship its self was lovely public areas well appointed ,clean and cabins adequate in size the shower was larger than average for a cabin i felt.We had an arft balcony deck 8 which was wonderful .In the most part we were not affected by noise from the Spinnika lounge directly below

All in all we enjoyed our cruise but sadly NCL is not for me Perhaps I'm getting old but I don't think so ....

Hellie24's Full Rating Summary

Aft-Facing Balcony
Cabin B1 8676

Lovely aft facing balcony great views for sailaway and sunsets.

Quiet part of ship Minimal disturbance from Spinikker Lounge disco

More noise than anticipated from engines and wash on back but seemed that we got used to it

Nice big shower ,good storage ,Narrow cabin with little room betweenntwin beds Could have for without fold out 3rd bed.

Tampa

Inclusive hotel stay Mariot Courtyard Westshore excellent Good bistro and walking distance to Wal-Mart and other shopping

Just not enough time on arrival from uk

Roatan

Island Marketing excursion Animal sanctuary Giant Iguanas and beach time Private driver

Belize City

Island marketing Well organised trip small group minibus the high speed boat to site 2+hours at Mayan temple's Memorable trip

Costa Maya

Took local transport 3$each to beach 2$each taxi home

Nice beach free sunbeds attentive but not pushy bsr staff

Cozumel

Efficient activity parasailing .Then nice bars and loads of Shopping in port.Friendly people

Hellie24