3. Norwegian Jade
We just had to get away from the cold (we live in Canada) and we wanted to try something new, so we decided to cruise for the first time. It was the best decision we could have taken by far. Having two young boys to entertain, our vacations are very active (Disney, Universal, Six Flags, etc.) and often we come home feeling a little tired. We were a little afraid that our kids would get bored on a cruise for a week but my wife and I needed a to add more relaxation time to the mix. When I refer to relaxation, I mean not only resting physically but also not having to worry about transportation (driving around a city I don`t know is stressful for me, even with a GPS) and food (our kids have very different food tastes). After some online shopping for a cruise, we settled for the Jade. We got what I now consider to be a great deal. We loved everything about the ship. Previous to our trip we read in some reviews that the ship needed some TLC... NCL must have heard because I could not find anything in need of care. From my point of view, one would have to walk around with the sole purpose of finding broken, damaged or rusted stuff before a crew member does. There was always some sort of maintenance work being done and this, without inconveniencing the passengers. There was always some sort of activity going on, we enjoyed the live music, the late night dances and relaxing by the pool. The service was professional, efficient and friendly from start to finish. I loved Cozumel and Roatan but was left wondering why any cruise line would go to Belize, I did not enjoy my time there. I am happy to learn that NCL will have its own little resort starting later this year. Our cabin was just as described in the NCL website, so there were no surprises there. We sleep comfortably, our kids never complained. The dining was fantastic, at one point our kids were eating at the buffet and then we were going to the complementary restaurants (mainly the Grand Pacific) after dropping them off at the children`s club for a more refined diner experience. It was our little date while the kids enjoyed themselves at the children`s club. The evening shows were simply amazing. The singers, dancers, magician and acrobats were much, much better than I expected. The shows were one of my favorite activities on board, I was pleasantly surprised. The embarkation and disembarkation procedures took a little longer than I expected but after considering the number of people that have to get on and off it was understandable. In the end, we had a blast and our plans for future vacations have been radically changed. We will cruise a lot more that`s for sure. The question is, should I continue cruising with NCL or should I try other cruise lines, and since a small ship was able to wow me, I can only imagine what a newer and bigger ship will do.

First Time Cruising...WOW

Norwegian Jade Cruise Review by Coeur de Pirate

The service was professional, efficient and friendly from start to finish.

Coeur de Pirate’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 7 to 9
Get Norwegian Jade price drops

Family Inside
Cabin I1
Just as advertised but it had more storage space than we expected. We traveled light thinking we would have limited space; we know better for next time.
Deck 11 Inside Cabins, Suite Cabins