3. Carnival Breeze
I loved the Breeze and my family had a wonderful week. I thought Mike Pack (cruise director) brought a great, positive energy to the ship. We loved the food options and were overall very happy with quality of food on ship. We are a vegetarian family but my husband and I eat fish. I ate a veggie burger from Guy's every day and it was amazing! No, they don't officially offer them on the menu but the servers always had a smile on their face and had no problems making me one...I just needed to wait a few minutes. I loved the ports. The kids loved water works, sports square, and the camps. My husband and I bought the spa pass and loved the steam rooms. I wish I was sitting on a heated lounger staring at the ocean right now I am not a complainer and when people ask me "how was my trip?" I stick to "wonderful!" and move one. However, since this is Cruise Critic and we tend to appreciate the good and the bad here is my bad: *The ship was too crowded. I have traveled Spring Break peak week 5 years in a row (not always on Carnival) and have never seen lines like this. We do anytime dining and usually eat early and there is hardly a line. The lines were crazy this week...and I mean, CRAZY! The MDR opened up at 5:45pm and the lines started at 5:10pm. By 5:30pm a few of the nights the line was wrapped the entire length of Deck 3 and back up the stairs! Blue Iguana's line was always crazy too as well as the Lido buffet. *Speaking of lines, debarkation was insane. We have always walked off a ship by 9am. We didn't walk off the Breeze until 11am!! *The whole ship seems overworked and understaffed. The service in the MDR was painfully slow. Our room stewart was very nice and efficient but we hardly ever seen her. A couple of the days she only cleaned the room once, which is fine because I am a neat freak but ice and towels would have been nice. Four of the days she took our blue pool towels because they were wet (great!) but never replaced them. We had to call her repeatedly and ask for her to replace them. Not a big deal, but strange. *I did not LOVE the cove balcony.It was ok, I don't regret trying it and the location was very convenient (2290) but I don't think I would ever book one again. It was always wet and sticky....salt I am guessing/hoping! I also felt my view was very restricted and felt boxed in. Finally, one day my husband was sitting on the balcony reading on his iPad and a HUGE bucket of soapy water came down and soaked him!!! It was 11am on a sea day so not like it was a port day and we received a warning saying they were cleaning decks! After that, we were all scared to sit out there. All that being said I would book the Breeze again and definitely plan on cruising again..soon! However, this trip has made me rethink booking "peak weeks".

Great Week, Great Ship, but a Little Too Crowded!

Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by FlaMommy75

I loved the ports. The kids loved water works, sports square, and the camps.

FlaMommy75’s Full Rating Summary