3. Navigator of the Seas
This was my wife and I's third cruise together, celebrating our anniversary. Our previous two were on smaller ships, so I picked this one because it was the best combination of ports we hadn't been to, price, and ship size. We booked all of our transportation through Royal Caribbean, flew out of Dallas the morning of, and were on the ship in time for a late lunch. As far as the ship goes, I had read several negative reviews, but we have nothing bad to say about it. Departure day, I noticed a very slight sewage smell in the hall as we approached our cabin, but I never noticed it again. Everything was clean and up-to-date looking. We stayed in a balcony cabin on the 6th deck near the aft end of the ship. Our cabin attendant, Leslie, was great. Our room was always clean, and if he was in the halls and saw us coming, he would have the room open for us when we arrived. My only complaint was the last two nights, someone around us started moving furniture about 3 AM, and it got pretty loud. But not really RC fault. My wife and I are pretty boring cruisers. There was always a lot going on while on the ship, but we love cruising because we can get away from all of that and just relax. So while we did a few things, we didn't partake in many of the onboard activities. The service was outstanding! We did my-time dining, and much to our pleasant surprise, were seated at the same table each night with the same wait staff. Sonny and Ambergail were our waiters, and they were the best! I've never been that well taken care of on a cruise! We visited guest services a couple of times with little questions, and were dealt with quickly each time. Service was great. We had three stops on the trip. Grand Cayman, we just walked around and did some shopping. The pros to GC: clean, felt safe. Cons: Had to tender (which I hate!), and nothing was any cheaper than it is here in the states! We didn't spend very long on shore. Falmouth Jamaica was our second port. We did some shopping, as well as the Rios Kayak adventure. RCI has built up the port in Jamaica, so it was a lot of the same shops as were in GC, but there was a lot more local flavor to it. Our Kayak adventure was a bit of a disaster, and I wouldn't do it again. We had done one in Key West on a previous cruise and loved it, but this one had too many people, and the guides weren't very friendly or helpful. And the trip itself wasn't a very easy tour. Our third port was Labadee Haiti and we loved it! The beaches were beautiful, they fed us lunch on the island, and we were the only ship there. We also did a kayak tour here. It was half the price of the Jamaica trip, the group was smaller, and the guides were great. They even had a boat of other workers following us, taking pictures with our own cameras. As for the food, the main dining room food was good, though maybe not the best I've ever had on a cruise. And the Windjammer was all about quantity, not so much quality. Nothing was bad, but nothing really stood out as great. The ship's staff did treat us to a BBQ while at Labadee, and it was really good. We went to the show every evening except one. The welcome show was a comedian, and he was pretty good. The second night was the RCI singers and dancers. My wife enjoyed it. It wasn't really my thing. The third night was the Las Vegas Tenors, and even though it wasn't really my thing, they were outstanding! The music was great, but they were also funny. Very entertaining. The fourth night was two comedians, Alfred and Seymour, and it was the best! I don't know the last time I've laughed that hard for that long! We skipped the next night, and the last night was another comedian who was awful. I think the only people who laughed were the people who were drunker than he was, and that was pretty tough. We also found the cruise director to be really annoying. Jeffrey spend all of his time trying to be a comedian, but he wasn't that funny. We also saw the ice show, which was fantastic! Disembarkation was pretty easy, but way too early. Our flight (booked through RCI) didn't leave until after 3 pm, but we had to be in our meeting spot by 7, and were at the airport by 8:30, but couldn't check our bags in until 11. So I'm not sure why they were in such a hurry for us to leave! My only real complaint was kind of our fault! We went spring break, so the ship was full of college kids. I mentioned we were boring, just liked to read and be outside. The solarium was nice, but it even got loud at times due to the large number of college kids that didn't quite grasp the concept of the main pool being the place to hang out and yell at each other. But it was a great trip, one I would definitely do again!

Should've gone at a different time.

Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by fullerokie

fullerokie’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Navigator of the Seas price drops

Clean, roomy (for a cruise ship), and met or exceeded all of our expectations
  Navigator of the Seas Deck Plans