Disney Fantasy Cruise Review

Disney Fantasy Cruise Review by ramblinwreck73

• Sail Date: Mar 2016
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah

Please do not believe Disney's advertising, these are not cruises for adults without children. My wife and I have taken over 50 cruises of 7 days and longer over the last 35 years and have enjoyed cruising over much of the world. This is the first time I told my wife and daughter I would have rather burned a bag of money than had to endure the Disney Cruise Experience.

Had the pleasure of having a child angry at her sister dump a soft drink on me at dinner, watch 5 small children run around and around and around the table in the lounge where I was having a drink while their parents stood close by drinking their wine and ignoring their children's behavior. Dodged small children fighting in the floor in the dining room and on and on and on. On our sailing, according to one of the children's program staff it was a light week with ONLY 1500 children between three and twelve.

Prior to our cruise we received a letter from DCL detailing the dress requirements for the Dining Rooms, packed accordingly only to hear head waiter tell passenger the first night not to worry about dress rules, on the Fantasy there are no rules, and he was telling the truth, no rules in "adult only" areas, no rules in the dining rooms, no rules at all.

First cruise I have ever taken where I can't think of anything to say I enjoyed other than disembarkation. Star Wars was the draw for us to try this cruise and it was an insult to any thinking fan, it was just another way for DCL to try and sell photos and merchandise, nothing for the real fans to enjoy.

ramblinwreck73's Full Rating Summary

Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah
Cabin 06B 7584

Veranda cabins are smaller than most or perhaps just very poorly arranged. The beds are fixed and very awkwardly located within the cabin. The veranda is fine. Storage just ok, lighting is very poor with virtually no lighting to help you see in the small closets.

ramblinwreck73